Tata Consultancy Services, Scrum Master
April 2010 - Present, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
As Scrum Master, Planned and executed of software delivery using Agile principles with a demonstrable approach of scrum methodology, processes and activities
• Managed and motivated 3 cross continental teams of 17 members that includes developers, architects and technical writers by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development and release strategy
• Educated team on scrum methodology, sprint planning, sprint reviews and daily stand-up
• Participated in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts.
• Devised sprint planning and execution which includes the management of project progress and provide status & visibility.
• Worked with Product Management, Business Analyst, Architects, and UI designers to plan ahead and ensure product backlog is prioritized, groomed, and is sufficient detail, so that it is ready to be worked on by Scrum teams to avoid any downtime, ambiguity or rework.
• Partnered with Product Management to achieve maximum project return on investment and meet project objectives.
• Ensured high throughput of development teams by identifying potential technical issues and roadblocks and working on preventing them.
• Evolution best practices within the organization, knowledge management, technical blogs, automate build tools, dynamic reporting and status updates
• Identified and managed cross team dependencies.
• Created effective product development environment by developing and managing the team, conducting performance reviews of team members and mentoring their growth and development
• Created and maintain release burn downs, velocity projections, and project forecasts in order to create project visibility and enable timely project adjustments
• Chaired Bi-weekly Sprint planning meetings, sprint retrospectives, and daily scrums.
Alcatel-Lucent, Software Architect
April 2005 - March 2010, Chennai, India
As Software Architect, Designed architecture documents and present architecture prototype to gain support and acceptance for critical design decisions
• Managed team of 10 members includes Developers, Architects and project leaders providing technical leadership and working with top management team to drive completion of the vision.
• Developed plans and schedule project deliverables, goals, milestones and revised as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Delivered full project lifecycle from requirement inception to deployment and support and managed the software releases
• Managed day-to day operations of the team, handled customer escalations and provided alternative feasible solutions
• Designed Automated call distribution (ADT) call services application for NOE IP sets
• Enhanced call Routing Group features ( forwarding, voice mail …) for NOE IP sets
• Tight co-operation with French development team in bug fixing and development of telephonic applications and provide documentation.
• Worked with global cross functional teams to gather requirements and voice of customer for the design and develop new and innovative solutions
Calsoft, Technical Consultant
October 2009 - February 2005, Chennai, India
As Technical consultant, Analysed software requirements to determine feasibility of system design with AVR processor
• Managed team of 10 members of hardware, software and technical writers
• Educated team on scrum methodology, sprint planning, sprint reviews and daily stand-up calls
• Provided technical design and code optimization techniques and adherence to Quality process
• Developed text parser by default set of grammar rules to parse the strings with latest algorithms and to control the stepper motor movements in cutting the paper.
• Designed Unicode and multi-Lingual support for the firmware supporting dynamic loading of the characters set by the front panel choice.
• Collaborated with software and hardware development teams, for reviewing and enhancing existing product architectures, performance, reliability, and development processes
• Drafted system testing documents, for ensuring compiled software components adhere to project standards, performance criteria, and functional specifications
• Provide integration between embedded platform development activities and Windows based platform development activities to insure commonality of functional capabilities
Nomus Communication Systems, Design Engineer
April 2001 - October 2004, Hyderabad, India
• Designed and development Voice over IP(VOIP) over MQX RTOS and TCP/IP stack. Supported protocols SIP, RTP, RTCP based on the RFCs to meet the international signalling standards.
• Collaborated with cross functional teams, in developing test scenarios and test cases based on different methodologies, including use cases, supplementary specifications, and narratives
• Programmed client-server architecture by network socket programming with BSD style socket API and Winsock API, situated over RTCS TCP / IP Stack
• Developed TFTP client application for dynamic loading of the binaries into the Flash over IP
• Methodically strategized the setting up of definitions and process for test phases, product, integration, and system testing
• Planned and performed regression, unit, and system testing.