Agile Servant Leader extensive experience in agile software development, digital application development and enterprise PMO. Highly skilled in Agile Facilitation and Coaching. Confident, results-driven leader with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills committed to agile collaboration and continuous improvement toward the Agile mindset.
Certified Scrum Master
Bank of America via Ranstad, Scrum Master
July 2017 - Present, Newark, DE, US
Host leader to two (of three) distributed agile development teams tasked with building a new generation of an integrated credit decision platform during a transformation to scaled agile (SAFe). Some team members are new to agile and some have previous experience. In addition to day to day scrum master work performing ceremonies and removing impediments, I also provide guidance and coaching to the Product Owners and Teams on process, efficiencies and continuous improvement. Also collaborate with the RTE and other scrum masters to plan and execute improvements, enhance communications and identify training opportunities. Participation at the portfolio level with management in technical strategy and impact discussions and subsequently roll out those decisions to the teams.
Liberty Financial, Digital Applications via Tek Systems, ScrumMaster
June 2016 - March 2017, Radnor, PA, US
Servant leader to two digital application teams new to agile framework. Team 1 was tasked with implementing enhancements across the corporate public facing website to improve user experience via self-service, promote and support the brand and drive leads. Team 2 was tasked with creation, conversion and maintenance of microsites, patching, production support and some project work.
• Provided daily support and guidance to teams.
• Facilitated ceremonies; coordinated with external team and dependent non-agile teams.
• Set up and managed budgetary resource allocations.
• Assisted in bi-weekly deployments and program releases.
• Partnered with Transformation Team to establish best practices, evaluate enterprise tools
• Member of the Transition Communications Team.
Liberty Mutual Surety Information Technology via ValTech, ScrumMaster
July 2015 - June 2016, Plymouth Meeting, PA, US
Managed and led a team of information technology professionals new to agile development tasked with building a web based Surety Agency Management application using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Coached team members on Scrum methodology and use of JIRA software.
• Facilitated daily scrums and scrum ceremonies.
• Assisted with creation and grooming of backlog. Led change management efforts.
• Removed impediments and oversaw integration efforts, risks and dependencies.
• Participated in ScrumMaster Community of Practice (CoP) and Scrum of Scrums (SoS).
• Managed status reporting and metrics.
Comverge, Inc., Program Manager / Product Owner Proxy
June 2009 - September 2011, Kennett Square, PA, US
Direct management of two new Smart Grid Demand Side Management turnkey programs for large utility companies for energy efficiency initiative in mid-Atlantic region for $56M & $27M contracts respectively. Client facing position with full accountability for program:
• P&L responsibility; exceeded revenue target by 5%.
• Program management including strategic planning, risk mitigation and product owner proxy for agile development and roll out of SaaS software and web portals for client and consumers.
• Management of smart thermostat and digital control unit inventory of $7M/year.
• Recruitment and direct management of 47 office staff, HVAC field technicians and warehouse employees.