Manoj Kumar, CSM® ITIL® v3
Mobile No: 9810706850; email : email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
More than 16 years of working experience in various industry verticals.
I had the opportunity to work on solutions that addressed a wide and complex range of business requirements. I’ve worked in premier organizations and have managed delivery of applications and infrastructure through systems analysis, design, development and quality assurance. I possess significant experience of IT program and project management while working closely with PMO.
Possess domain knowledge in Electric Utility, Banking & Financial services, Manufacturing, R & D etc. with technology skills in Microsoft (.Net), Java, J2EE, Tibco, Filenet, EDI and Call Centre tech. (ACD, IVR, Network etc.).
Possess extensive project experience with industry leaders and global majors, like American Express, Agilent Technologies, ICICI Bank and Tata Power.
Valuable experience of Customer Care and Client servicing, management of proposal and sales cycle that includes responding to RFP with technical and financial proposals, scoping customer needs, client presentation, negotiation and project initiation.
- Exceptional people management skill, ability to motivate, coach and mentor
- Ability to work in a team to achieve common goals and project objectives
- Expertise in project management and delivery using on-site / off-shore model
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple parallel tasks with priority
- Management reporting to organization unit level; strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented project planning and monitoring Schedule, Cost, Quality
- Experience in handling project schedule, priorities, conflict, issue and risk
- Sourcing and training new recruits in order to build and develop project team
Business Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Business Requirement Analysis
- Conceptualization, prototyping and design of solution
- SDLC methodologies
- Cost-Effort estimation
- Risk Management
- Review and Testing
- Development of technical and financial proposals
- Customer briefing and presentation
- Development of collaterals and capability documents
June 2010 to till date
American Express (India)
Program Manager - World Service (India)
- Execution, Monitoring and Deliveries of Projects for American Express India service.
- Providing Techno managerial assistance for business initiated projects including cross geography process transitions and process automation
- Leading a team of software professionals responsible for development (.Net), implementation and maintenance of Applications having specific usage at India service centre
- End-to-end management for infrastructure upgrades projects.
- Leading process improvement drives for better customer communication and technology impact assessment
- Accountable for technology procurement for the EUC needs of India service centre.
- Accountable for Technology compliance for the entire team
Jan 2007 –
Agilent Technology Inc.
Project Manager (Jan 2007 – Apr 2008)
- Executed and delivered projects in EAI (Tibco), EDI and Content Management -on time with the desired quality levels within specified budget
- Associated as Change Manager and Process Compliance Lead including SOX and successfully achieved 100% compliance on SOX and IT compliance audits
- Significantly contributed for Balanced Score Card (BSC) initiatives targeted for better customer communications and reduction of incident tickets
Global Support Manager (Apr 2008 – June 2010)
- Leading the Global support team in managing the IT Operations globally for Web Application and Infrastructure ensuring 24 * 7 technology supports.
- Actively involved in executing and managing Web Application Projects
- Led the Platform Maintenance Projects and provided support across various platforms - J2EE, Linux, UNIX, Weblogic, Endeca & Google Search and Vignette.
- Facilitated “continuous improvement” as routine process within the department.
- Deftly monitor the agreed SLA for business and review OLA (contracts) signed with supplier.
- Institutionalized problem Management framework as an ongoing process
- Named contact for the department for Crisis Management and DR planning team
Aug 2005 –
Manager (Phone Banking)
- Managed the IT operations for ICICI Bank’s Call Center encompassing different cities with over 3000 agent desks and ensured 24 * 7 Technology support to Call Center operations.
- Provided leadership to the “Application Support”, “Telecom & Network support” and “Helpdesk”
- Ensured continuity of operations and maintained 100% uptime in the process.
- Increased uptime from 92.3% in Aug 2005 to 99.75% in Aug 2006
- Accomplished 99.9% uptime for core Telecom systems
- Pivotal in executing proactive maintenance activities of the IT equipments - Servers, IVR, Voice and Data links, Loggers, etc.
- Supervised information security risk assessment, control & mitigation and managed operations for Data back-up & retrieval planning/ implementation and database archiving / purging plan & implementation
- Associated as IT Representative for BS7799 implementation and compliance
- Played a key role in obtaining BS 7799 certifications for ICICI Bank’s Mumbai and Hyderabad call centers
- Significantly contributed in securing Call Center IT Systems rated as “Outstanding” (highest) in IT security Audit
- Successfully streamlined (ailing) e-mail management systems
- Pivotal in upgrading the entire Agent Desktop PCs to provide consistency of operations across the call center
- Ensured SOX Compliance of the project and processes
Sep 2003 – Jul 2005
Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited (formerly NDPL)
HoG (Customer Care) & Executive – Business Process Re-engineering
- Facilitated the Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) initiative and re-engineered & implemented Connection Management and Customer Care Processes
- Led the Call Center Operation and played a key role in setting up first Commercial Call Center for NDPL right from Conceptualization to Execution
- Significantly involved in executing IT Projects, encompassing design, development & deployment of
- Functioned as Certified Internal Assessor of TBEM (Tata Business Excellence Model; based on Malcolm Baldridge Quality Model) - ensured adherence to Quality Management
- Successfully led the team for ISO - 9001 accreditation without any NC.
- Developing and implementing processes for successful Call Center operation
- Enhancing the Call Center productivity by continuous improvement
- Complaint Management System
- Employee Helpdesk
- IT Helpdesk
- Reporting & MIS Applications
- Customer’s Single Window View
- Application for Call Center agents
Mar 2000 –
I2I Enterprise Ltd., New Delhi
Key Account Manager -CRM
- Entrusted with the responsibility of Key Account Management & Client Servicing and providing ITES solutions to Key customers
- Involved in consultative selling for new as well existing customers of the organization.
- Achieved client retention rate of above 90%
- Maruti – On Road – Service
- LG – Helpline having multi city (20+ locations) presence
Oct 1994 –
Malvika Steel Limited (A Group Usha Co.)
Senior Engineer (Projects)
- Member of Core Team responsible for project implementation
- Supported 220kv D/C transmission line project.
- Responsible for Automation of Steel Melting and Continuous Casting systems
- Commissioned Captive Telecom Exchange for MSL.
Qualifications/Professional Certification / Training
- PGDTM (Systems) ; 1998- 2000
- Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management, Pune; 1st Class
- B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering) 1989-1993
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering, Bhagalpur (Bhagalpur Univ.); 1st Class, Distinction
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) ; 2012
- ITIL V3 (Foundation) certified ; 2007
- Microsoft Certified Professional (Win NT 4.0); 1999
- Six Sigma – Green Belt Trained ; 2008
- Industrial training from NPTI (National Power Training Institute) ; 1994-1995
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Franklyn Covey Institute; 2009
- Member of Toastmaster International.
- Member of PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Member of Scrum Allinace
- Date of Birth - March 08, 1971
- Father’s Name - (Late) Krishnarjun Prasad
Tata Power Company Limited , Group Head-IT
September 2013 - Present, Mumbai , Maharashtra , India
IT & Communication Infrastructure Management.
American Express ,
June 2010 - September 2013, Gurgaon, India
Program Manager - World Service (India)
• Execution, Monitoring and Deliveries of Projects for American Express India service.
•Providing Techno managerial assistance for business initiated projects including cross geography process transitions and process automation
•Led a team of software professionals responsible for development (.Net), implementation and maintenance of Applications having specific usage at India service centre
•End-to-end management for infrastructure upgrades projects.
•Leading process improvement drives for better customer communication and technology impact assessment
•Accountable for technology procurement for the EUC needs of India service centre.
•Accountable for Technology compliance for the entire team