● Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Trainer, Facilitator passionate about helping teams, organizations and individuals achieve their potential. 17+ years of professional experience including 10+ years of progressively responsible management experience and 5+ years of Agile experience. Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) Project Management Professional (PMP), BA and MA degrees in Economics.
● Agile Highlights. I started as a project manager in a waterfall universe, but made an excited transition to Agile in October 2011 and never looked back. Agile specialties: facilitation of Agile ceremonies, Agile training, team building, Agile teams, servant leadership, retrospectives facilitation, Agile mindset, Agile principles, Agile advocacy. I am a high energy, enthusiastic Scrum Master, Agile coach, trainer, and facilitator. Key skills: Facilitation (12 years), consulting (12 years), technical training (9 years), Agile (5+ years), Agile Project Management Office (PMO) support (3.5 years). Strong leadership, strategic thinking, and communication skills.
● In addition to Agile, I have another line of expertise: I am a speaker, trainer and executive coach in the realm of personal branding, career and business strategy. My social media knowledge has allowed me to raise awareness of Agile and promote Agile events. Influence: 3,500+ highly engaged followers on LinkedIn; 4,000+ followers on Twitter.
Capital One, Manager, Scrum Master
January 2015 - Present, Vienna, Virginia
✔ AGILE COACHING:
• Coaches the team in self-organization and cross-functionality
• Leads business process improvements implementation to increase team productivity
• Promotes adoption and understanding of Agile
• Trains the team to implement Agile methodology (with a focus on Kanban) and to successfully operate in a mixed methodology environment (Kanban/Scrum interface between multiple teams)
✔ SCRUM MASTERING AND FACILITATION:
• Provides servant leadership to the team, protects team from over-commitment and removes impediments
• Facilitates Agile ceremonies
• Models transparency in communications
• Partners and collaborates with Product Owner, Customers and other stakeholders to maximize efficiency and productivity
✔ SELECTED RESULTS:
• Stood up two new Kanban teams. Drove continuous improvement through coaching and training the teams, leading retrospectives and building a team mindset; achieved significant teams maturity in less than 60 days.
• Drove adoption of iVersion (VersionOne plug in) by a major program; initiated and conducted training for program SM's. This allowed SM's to update iVersion for daily S-2's (instead of developing and submitting slides), leading to LOE reduction for SM's and increased transparency for customers.