Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis, Scrum Master
August 2015 - Present, Indianapolis, IN, United States
Matt is the Scrum Master and Agile Coach, working with the internal agile delivery teams to improve their current agile implementation. Matt also works with both IT Leadership and their business counterparts to help improve business involvement with the goal of increasing business value delivered by the IT organization.
Development Block, LLC., Owner, Agile Coach
November 2011 - Present, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Happy, motivated employees create delighted customers which result in profits.
“Profit is the applause you get for taking care of your customers and creating a motivating environment for your people.”
The One Minute Entrepreneur – Ken Blanchard, Don Huston, and Ethan Willis
I am passionate about creating great places to work. I believe that creating a great place to work starts with happy, motivated employees. In the software development world, I have found adopting the values and principals from the Agile Manifesto to be the most effective way of achieving this goal. Based on those beliefs, my mission is to help companies and organizations that build software make the transition to agile, become great places to work, and receive lots of applause (aka profits) from their delighted customers.
Fusion Alliance, Agile Coach, Project Manager
July 2014 - August 2015, Indianapolis, IN
Matt works as an Agile Coach and Project Manager for Fusion Alliance consulting with clients to help them successfully execute their projects and adopt agile practices.
NextGear Capital, Scrum Master, Agile Coach
October 2013 - June 2014, Carmel, IN
I am a scrum master and agile coach helping build and grow an internal development team at NextGear Capital following scrum and agile principals and practices.
Teradata Applications (formerly Aprimo), Development Manager/Agile Coach
April 2012 - October 2013, Indianapolis, IN, United States
Development Manager and Agile Coach leading the transformation from a waterfall development process to Agile/Scrum. I am primarily an Agile Coach working with the leadership team understanding and transforming the company culture to one that supports the principles of agile development. I also manage and coach the ScrumMasters working with individual teams to encourage continuous improvement. I also act as ScrumMaster on teams as needed.
Iasta, Development Manager/Agile Coach
April 2007 - January 2012, Carmel, IN, United States
I joined IASTA to help grow the development department and establish processes and procedures to help efficiently develop high quality software and deliver on time. I was promoted several times while there and held multiple titles. Some of my accomplishments include:
Established the Product Management department at IASTA after recognizing the need for better practices around creating product roadmaps and prioritizing product enhancements.
• Researched and implemented product management best practices in an agile environment.
• Established tools and techniques for product owners to use in communication with the agile development teams.
• Worked across multiple departments and external clients to gather input and ensure optimal business value was being delivered with each release.
• Acted as Scrum Product Owner communicating product vision and business requirements to the development team.
Lead the Product Development department including developers, testers, designers, and project managers.
• Grew the development department from three individual developers working in isolated environments with no QA to two agile teams including QA working collaboratively to produce high quality working software.
• Transformed the development process from one that continually missed delivery dates with low quality levels to one that continually meets delivery dates with exceptional levels of quality through the introduction of software engineering best practices and agile processes.
• Worked with business leaders and executive team to determine product roadmap and requirements. Helped communicate business needs and requirements to the development team.
Establish and manage the IT Department.
• Managed the successful completion of IASTA’s first SAS-70 audit.
• Researched and implemented tools and best practices for the development team.
• Researched and implemented corporate applications.
Caterpillar, Inc., IT Analyst
May 2002 - April 2007, Lafayette, IN, United States
Developed and customized applications for a large manufacturing facility. Worked across various groups including assembly line automation, quality control, and engineering.
* Served as the technology representative for the Lafayette facility on a corporate wide project to bring engineering groups at all Caterpillar facilities onto the same Product Lifecycle Management software.
* Gathered requirements, designed, implemented, and tested customizations to enterprise Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software which managed all the engineering documents for two Caterpillar facilities to help the engineering departments meet higher efficiency and cycle time demands.
* Managed a complete rewrite of a custom internal request tracking application to improve efficiency of the IT department and aid in the prioritization of workloads. Completed all requirements definition, design and testing coordinating implementation with a part-time intern.