Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Assistant Vice President, Project Manager
September 2014 - Present, West Des Moines, Iowa, US
As a seasoned ScrumMaster, I've come into a traditionally waterfall organization to implement some Agile practices, gain some successes in that implementation and move the organization forward using more Agile practices. Although this organization will likely not become fully Scrum, I can champion iterative development, the concept of Product Owner, backlogs and daily stand ups where the goal is to move the needle toward being more Agile.
Pioneer HiBreds, a DuPont Company, Informatics Project Manager
July 2010 - August 2014, Johnston, IA, US
· Responsible for a team of Business Analysts, including all HR duties, development and resource management.
· Responsible for creating development plan for Business Analysts as a skill set and career path. The concept of BA’s as a career track is a new concept within the Information Management Department at Pioneer.
· Responsible for implementing Agile (Scrum) process for application development in the IM Department.
· Responsible for implementing a SDLC and process improvements for the department that included Agile (Scrum) software development.
· Responsible as a Project Manager to shape the scope and future of an application developed to manage statistical analysis for Research Scientists developing traits in corn and soybeans for possible commercialization for Pioneer’s product line.
· Responsible for coordinating the development of iOS (primarily for the iPad) applications with the development of .NET applications to ensure the ability of the applications to communicate. The iOS application is used to collect data in the genetic nurseries, field and labs and loads the data into SQL and .NET databases.
· Part of a group of Project Managers responsible for developing training, development and recognition programs for Project Managers and Business Analysts across the entire enterprise.