Experienced Team Lead/Manager with over 15 years commercial IT experience. Excelling in leading and motivating teams working on mainframe, client-server and web applications across projects and business as usual changes. Very flexible and open to change, enabling effective management of teams working on architecturally varied systems.
Avanade, Application Development Manager
January 2013 - Present, Perth, WA, Australia
Working as a manager within the Application Development service line responsible for delivery of projects for several clients.
Gocompare.com, Application Development Manager
January 2010 - January 2013, Newport, Gwent, United Kingdom
As the Application Development Manager I was responsible for:
• Managing multi-skilled technical teams across concurrent development streams for the websites and supporting applications.
• Resourcing and recruitment of the development and project teams.
• Process improvements for the development teams, including the implementation of Agile SCRUM methods, best practice for the development life-cycle, ensuring code quality etc.
• Reporting to the IT Director on all aspects of the Application Development function.
• Deployment of website and application releases to the live environment.
• Transition of project developments into the live environment and the maintenance/support team.
• Liaising with project management, service delivery, maintenance/support and business teams to ensure effective communication about all project and application development processes, changes and release schedules.
• Line management of the development and project teams.
• Staff development, training and objectives setting.