Microsoft, Program Manager
June 2005 - June 2010, Redmond, Washington, United States
Product Manager, Windows Business Group
Collaborated with Engineering and Marketing organizations to identify opportunities and define strategies for developing and releasing the Windows 7 operating system and the Internet Explorer web browser to market.
Marketing & Leadership
• Created and executed the partner distribution strategy to launch IE8 coupled with features customized by eBay, Yahoo, Digg, OneRiot and Amazon; resulted in 20MM downloads in the first 4 weeks, a 15% increase from the previous release.
• Produced site visitmix.com/IE8, content and supporting videos; achieved 80K impressions on launch day.
• Defined the Consumer value proposition for IE9, creating competitive materials and supporting content.
• Conducted onsite market study across US, Europe and Asia; presented research to business decision makers that drove campaign investment strategies for marketing features in IE9 to the Consumer audience.
Spokesperson & Press
• Certified as 1 of 10 top tier presenters on Windows team; selected as primary speaker on Windows.com.
• Conducted series of interviews about Windows 7 at major broadcast outlets in NYC including ABC, CBS, CNBC, CNN, Reuters and FOX News.
• Delivered technical sessions at the Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco (2009) and New York (2008).
• Represented Microsoft at the Worldwide Partner Conference and Consumer Electronics Show (’08, ’09).
Program Manager, Windows Experience Engineering
Led team of 10 (software developers, testers, designers and behavioral researchers) to create world-class end user experiences for the Windows Vista & Windows 7 operating systems.
• Wrote functional specifications and designed features for Windows Vista Logon, Windows Vista Explorer and the Windows 7 Taskbar, the most marketed feature in Windows 7.
• Evangelized Windows 7 APIs to teams across Microsoft; resulted in integration by 4 Microsoft products.
• Authored content for a technical presentation on how to integrate with the Windows 7 desktop (PDC ’08).
• Contributed to innovations resulting in 7 patent filings.