Spark New Zealand, Enterprise Agile Coach
July 2013 - Present, Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Coach teams across the organisation to adopt agile practices at a project level and scale it to the programme & portfolio
Simplified and standardised approach for project delivery by setting up an improved operating model definition across the organisation
Setting up Organisation Metrics Framework and thereby design the performance dashboards to monitor delivery effectiveness in the new ways of working
Successful implementation of MS Project Online tool using Agile SCRUM methodology.
Setup the software configuration management practice within the re-engineering programme, to effectively manage and track software CIs from development through to deployment
Coach network based projects to successfully adopt agile practices
First time set up of the Quality Assurance function in the organisation to track delivery assurance Moving the organisation from status reporting to performance dashboard reporting thereby moving towards KPI based delivery
Improve the IT compliance and assurance of the projects from 55% to 92% in a span of 4 months through extensive coaching, mentoring and training
Infosys Ltd., Senior Consultant (Agile Consultant)
April 2010 - June 2013, Pune, Bangalore, Sydney, Auckland, Maharashtra, IN
1) Interact with the stakeholders to understand the existing project activities
2) Perform gap analysis for the As-Is and To-Be Process for the agile project lifecycle
3) Contribute to the creation of various project deliverables for delivering the projects using agile methodologies in a Managed Services mode
4) Process Documentation
5) Creation and review of any relevant templates, checklist, guidelines and other related artefacts
6) Assist in rollout of all the defined agile processes
7) Create Training material for enablement of the project teams
8) Interact with the stakeholders (clients and vendors) and conduct workshops for process
Agile Framework Definition
1) Defining the framework and processes for agile project management (Release and
Sprint level estimation, planning, sprint level tracking using sprint reviews and
2) Creation of templates and checklists for agile scrum methodology.(Product backlog,
sprint backlog, sprint review and retrospective, process compliance checklists, status
report and dashboards)
3) Defining the Transition approach for an organization to transition from the traditional
development methodologies to agile practices
4) People enablement and knowledge management for the solution
5) Definition of Agile Metrics Framework
6) Developing necessary templates for capturing the Agile metrics
Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd., Senior Consultant
November 2006 - April 2010, Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
1) Work as a Software Quality Advisor and Agile Consultant (Senior Consultant) to provide consultancy to Custom Service Delivery, Technical Solution Packages, Testing and Application Maintenance Projects.
2) Work as a Configuration Manager for the QA Team
3) Lead and mentor a team of QA members for NA region providing guidance and support to them
to carry on the various SQA related activities related to various SDLC frameworks involving Waterfall, Agile, Iterative, etc,
4) Lead CMMI L4 related initiatives and activities
5) Lead and independently manage Lean - Six Sigma Green Belt Project Teams
6) Coach and mentor around 16 projects for implementation of software quality processes. The nature of the project varies from a pure development project to mixed technology based ones, application
maintenance and testing based using SDLC frameworks ranging from Waterfall, Iterative, RUP, Agile-SCRUM, etc.
7) Worked on external process consulting assignments
8) Direct client interactions for knowledge sharing and project related discussions
9) Assist the projects to perform the various Project Management techniques relating to the standard PMP practices and Agile Project Management practices
10) Assist the projects to perform various Software Development processes and frameworks
throughout their lifecycle
11) Conduct regular Internal Quality Audits and Process Checks for the various projects.
12) Conduct Gap Analysis for the projects and provide support to overcome the gaps.
13) Conduct process and role based trainings at the organizational level.
14) Objectively evaluate the projects performance by means of various tools.
15) Involve in the organizational level transformation programmes of implementing Agile processes across projects
HSBC Software Development India Ltd., Software Engineer
June 2006 - November 2006, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
1) Work as a Process Consultant to provide consultancy to a Business unit majorly catering to
Personal and Private Banking related projects.
2) Lead and manage a team of total 3 consultants to provide consultancy to about 60 projects of
the Business Unit.
3) Consult to Private and Personal Banking related projects for software quality processes.
4) Conduct regular Process Audits and Process Checks for the various projects.
5) Implement CMMI Level 5 processes across the various projects in the Business Unit.
6) Conduct Gap Analysis for the projects and provide support to overcome the gaps.
7) Conduct process and role based trainings at the organizational level.
8) Prepare a high and detail design of the processes at the organizational levels by means of
Service Blueprints for the respective Process Areas and identify the gaps to these processes
as per the CMMI standards.
9) Participate in implementing various initiatives across projects for adhering to CMMI level 5
10) Objectively evaluate the projects performance by means of various tools.
Larsen and Toubro Infotech Ltd., Software Engineer
June 2004 - June 2006, Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
1) Worked as a full time QA Lead for a Offshore Development Centre (3 Large Scale Projects; 1
System and Integration Testing – Size 52 FTE, 1 White Box Testing – Size 50 FTE and 1 Tools
development and Integration Testing Project – Size 10 FTE)
2) Worked as a Tester for a Testing Project
3) Worked as a Developer for inTango Project (Team Size : 24 FTE)
4) Lead the Quality related activities within the programme
5) Manage a team of 3 Project Quality Leads within the programme
6) Develop a process as per the testing perspective of the project and in sync with CMM level
KPAs, which would be a tailored one from the existing SDLC processes
7) Conducting regular audits to track the project performance
8) Monitoring project goals and tracking the same on a timely basis
9) Timely collection of the Data and generating Metrics report for the project
10) Review and Analysis of the Metrics reports along with the Team Leads and the Project
Managers to seek for improvement areas within the project
11) Optimizing the process to the fullest by ways of Automation of the various sectors related to the
12) Continuous Process optimization and improvement
13) Motivate the team members by means of new initiatives
14) Reviewing of the test plans, estimations, scripts and the test execution reports
15) Preparing various checklists for the project as per the project needs and updating the same on
a regular basis
16) Involved in developing test strategies, which can be incorporated in the test plans.
17) Developing Test Plans and Estimations
18) Developing and maintaining of Integration and System test cases based on external
19) Executing the Test cases either using the manual or automated environment.
20) Automating the test cases using client tools
21) Detecting and reporting the Defects on client manufactured products and track the same to
22) Involved in the requirement analysis for Email Database Adapter Module for the Device Side
23) Develop the High Level Design and the Low Level Design for the Email Database Adapter
24) Developing the code for the module
25) Testing various other device side components
26) Reviewing the Test Cases for the various modules
27) Fixing the bugs detected by the testing team on the existing modules