Connections Education, Sr Manager of Agile Facilitation
May 2014 - Present, Columbia, MD, United States
• Lead a team of Agile Facilitation Managers & Sr ScrumMasters, providing guidance and direction on the management of projects and Agile teams.
• Supervise the Manager(s) of Agile Facilitation by performing administrative duties including but not limited to performance reviews, interview and hiring of potential candidates, and paid time off management.
• Define and implement policies and procedures for the Agile Facilitation team, which includes creating documentation and maintaining a knowledge base of Agile Facilitation processes, training documents, and Agile best practices.
• Work closely with the Manager(s) of Agile Facilitation, Software Planning Management, and Software Development Management to analyze and drive process improvements and efficiencies across the Software Development organization.
• Educate and coach the Agile Facilitation/ScrumMaster team on SCRUM/Agile processes and Software Development department policies, working with the Managers of Agile Facilitation to ensure that they are being utilized and adhered to.
• Serve as a subject matter expert on the roles and responsibilities of the Agile Facilitation/ScrumMaster team.
• Keep current on new trends in Agile practices and technology solutions.
• Lead and support constant process improvement by proposing optimizations for any aspect of the development environment and life cycle.
System Automation Corporation, ScrumMaster/Application Support Manager
September 2013 - May 2014, Columbia, MD, United States
Implemented Scrum as the Agile framework to support the Software Development process to help ensure timelines are met and to improve customer satisfaction
Responsible for Release Management, Quality Assurance, Documentation & Customer Support teams
Guide the delivery of successful maintenance releases, overall product stability & quality
Assign necessary resources to offer proper support for internal & external customers
ScrumMaster for Customer Support, Core Delivery Team & Tier 2 Prod Support teams
December 2011 - September 2013, Bowie, MD, United States
Offer support through the Agile software development life cycle and work cross-functionally across the company to ensure successful delivery of projects.
Provide Agile development methodology expertise, including mentoring Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other team members.
Perform daily Scrum Master duties for three application delivery teams in an Agile Software Development environment to ensure teams are working on the highest prioritized business objectives (user stories).
Coordinate and manage release schedules with Business team, Operations team and Delivery team so that agreed upon dates are met and releases are accepted by the client.
Help the Delivery team maintain predictability and consistency to meet the needs of the Business.
AscendOne, Product Owner/Scrum Master
April 2008 - November 2011, Columbia, MD, United States
During my tenure at AscendOne, I was a Product Owner for a delivery team for 2 years; then moved to Scrum Master.