BMI, AVP Business Operations
June 2012 - April 2017, Nashville, TN, US
Providing comprehensive operations management, team leadership, and process analysis across 5 BMI business units supporting over $1B in annual revenues.
• Improved company-wide efficiency by spearheading an integration project that successfully unified all 5 business units, established communication protocols, and revised workflows
• Reduced backlog of pending song registrations from 500K to 20K in under 8 months through a full-spectrum initiative that realigned tasks with staff talents and streamlined tracking/resolution processes increasing productivity by 46%
• Manage an $8M+ annual budget and developed financial metrics/strategies that maximized utilization and maintained exemplary performance
• Produced a 50% gain in efficiency across audio/video reporting processes through detailed analysis of departmental workflows and selecting/integrating a software solution that automated significant portions of employee workload
• Instrumental in transitioning company from legacy systems to state-of-the-art software platforms, resulting in measurable gains in productivity and employee satisfaction
• Streamlined on-boarding processes for data providers and reduced lag time while increasing accuracy and quality
• Integrally involved in standardizing industry best practices by working closely with customers and competitors to negotiate mutually beneficial protocols for data management
BMI, Sr. Director, Enterprise Applications
July 2006 - July 2012, Nashville, TN, US
Our company started through the Agile Scrum transformation. I became the scrum master for my departments development projects. After some coaching and CSM training we began to pilot several smaller projects. We followed all ceremonies and utilized a visual scrum board to manage the project. The pilot went very well. As we started to scale and purchase software to support the growth, we started to review IBM's DAD which eventually led to BMI creating BAM (BMI's Agile Methodology). As the structure started to materialize, i had the opportunity to transfer into our operations department to become a PO.
Developed strategic initiatives designed to improve a wide range of enterprise-level support systems including Royalty Distribution, TV Operations, Music Works Title, and many others.
• Oversaw over $560M in domestic and $220M in foreign royalty payments and maintained exemplary performance across both data acquisition and distribution goals
• Spearheaded the transition of company workflows to the Agile Scrum methodology, resulting in real-word gains in efficiency and dynamic transparency in regards to team productivity
• Avoided significant financial losses by comprehensively evaluating a potential outsourcing initiative and produced substantive data that revealed lack of long-term ROI
• Established scope, milestones, timelines, and budgets for complex, enterprise-level information systems integration projects while positioning IT/IS strategies to support business expansion efforts
• Provided executive leadership for 18 employees and 6 outside consultants to maximize talent, improve employee utilization, and promote innovation
• Developed new models to manage billions of records while improving accuracy, quality, and database integrity
• Achieved a 50% reduction in resource handling for Performing Rights Legal, produced a 100% gain in productivity within the cue sheet system, and generated numerous improvements across RapidCue systems by synergistically combining innovative processes and advanced IT solutions
BMI, Project Director, Information Technology
January 2006 - July 2006, Nashville, Tennessee, US
Managed multiple enterprise-level systems and authored IT strategies that facilitated the development of new application systems and established efficiency as a core competency.
• Resolved data integrity issues by leveraging a detailed analysis of data processing procedures and working to align RapidCue systems with ASCAP and the Advisory Committee
• Representative on several CISAC/CIS initiatives including CWR and FastTrack
• Managed and coordinated the development of the external RapidCue cue sheet system including coordination with ASCAP and the Advisory Committee
• Managed and streamlined receipt of distribution documentation
• Established technical relationship with foreign societies to improve data delivery methods and resolve data integrity issues
• Streamlined Foreign Incoming processes with the development of reallocation and Fee In Error projects which reduced royalty disbursement backlog and improved debit effectiveness respectively