Cinemark, IT Project Manager/Product Owner
June 2004 - Present, Plano, Texas, United States
- Spearheaded design, development, and implementation of point-of-sale application, providing user story/requirements creation and prioritization, development team facilitation, end user documentation creation, training, and post-implementation support.
- Increased application release frequency from 6-9 months to 2 months.
- Increased team velocity by an average of 63%.
- Increased transparency and communication with project stakeholders by reviewing request details and demonstrating development before, during and after each sprint/development cycle.
- Improved communication with distributed teams in multiple time-zones by utilizing Agile Scrum methodologies and facilitating daily and bi-weekly sprint meetings.
- Co-managed migration to Agile Scrum development for multiple internally developed projects including ticketing website, point-of-sale application, and backoffice reporting system.
- Organized weekly and monthly product backlog reviews to resolve high priority items more quickly, escalate low priority items as needed, and close outdated items regularly leaving each backlog more manageable.
- Reduced support staff payroll costs and ticket resolution time as well as increased cross-functional application knowledge by introducing a rotating developer support schedule.