October 2014 - Present, , GB
Accountable for development and support of industry-leading Assessments Systems to enable the standards described by the IBO commitments.
Responsible for change management to support flawless execution of the IT transformation strategy with a focus on the integration of test-build-run platforms to deliver a holistic and impactful business outcome enabled by the IBO Assessment Systems.
Upon diagnosis of challenges and thoroughly understanding of requirements presented by relevant stakeholders, devise the necessary interventions deploying the capabilities of either of the individual platforms or, to harness the combined capabilities of the integrated end-to-end solutions delivered by the test-build-run teams.
Leverage on strong people management skills to deliver an impactful outcome to the Assessments Systems team based on the combined technological capabilities and competencies of the test, build and run sub-teams.
International Baccalaurate, Associate manager, Application assessment technical controller/Scrum Master
November 2014 - October 2014, Cardiff, GB
To provide technical control and authority to the IT applications support team including both internal and offshore outsourcing staff of up to 50 people. Scrum Master a co-located offshore team in Cardiff and New Delhi. Control all software design and development of IB Assessment systems throughout the SDLC. Line management responsibilities of an internal team of Senior Analysts and Contractors in Cardiff. Responsible for technical sign off of all software before release.
• Design, implement, own and ensure adherence to the Software Development Life Cycle.
• Ensure the framework, standards and procedures are in place to ensure the teams deliver quality code and systems documentation.
• Act as Librarian, custodian and author of the SDLC and application team policies, standards and procedures.
• Scrum master a team co-located in Cardiff and New Delhi.
• Organize and facilitate sprint planning, pre-planning, daily stand-ups, retrospectives and demos. Remove any team impediments.
• Act as a technical Project Manager planning work for Scrum team and assigning to sprints. Create and prioritise product backlogs, maintain agile tracking systems, estimate story points and track velocity of teams. Suggest ways to improve team velocity and performance of team.
• Recruit, develop, manage and performance review members of the application development team, including several direct reports plus external contractors.
International Baccalaurate, Application development team leader /Scrum Master
September 2009 - November 2012, , GB
To plan, coordinate and assist in the continual review of the IT application development process to ensure the highest quality of IT developed software is released for use, through the leadership and management of an Application Development team. Scrum Master a team co-located in Cardiff and Singapore.
International Baccalaureate, Senior analyst programmer
May 2008 - September 2009, , GB
Responsible for acting as a Senior Analyst Programmer to lead and influence a newly appointed Scrum team to develop a Web 2.0 based stakeholder gateway and virtual community using Drupal, PHP and MySQL.