Rentler, Product Owner
August 2013 - Present, Sandy, Utah, United States
Rentler is a company developing an online property management tool for Do-It-Yourself landlords and property managers.
- My formal role at Rentler is Director of Product Development
- I perform the role of Product Owner as well as Agile Coach to both the business and development teams
- Gather and understand business requirements
- Help the business prioritize requirements based on ROI as well as development costs
- Work with the development team to continuously prioritize, re-prioritize, and plan sprints and releases
- Evaluate and assess user stories as they are developed and Accept/Reject product increments
- Provide feedback on questions between the development and business teams
- Help guide feature development and ensure process effectiveness
- Schedule releases
- Accept sprint demos and provide feedback
- Assess severity of defects/issues logged from a business/ customer impact perspective
- Gather customer feedback to inform feature/ product development
Slalom Consulting, Agile Coach, Project Management Consultant
November 2012 - August 2013, Seattle, WA, United States
* Managed delivery of Enterprise CRM project on Salesforce using Agile methodologies.
* Coached and facilitated Agile teams on Release planning, User Story gathering, Prioritization, and communication with Product Owners to ensure delivery on business value.
* Worked with the business and IT to determine product and project roadmap.
* Day-to-day management of project team, re-prioritization, impediment removal, collaboration facilitation with client team, and troubleshooting.
* Consulted with clients on Agile transformation/ rollout projects and provided guidance and hands-on coaching on roadmap/release/sprint planning, agile practices, success factors, risk assessment, and culture assessments.
Goldman Sachs, Project Manager/ Scrum Master/ Agile Consultant
April 2010 - October 2012, Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Role: Project Manager, Scrum Master, Agile consultant
• Coached other project managers in project management skills and methods, including Agile methods
• Led process change initiatives to increase data controls and introduce efficiencies across Operations
• Revamped Release Management process for Operations by utilizing JIRA as a workflow tracking tool
• Developed an Agile for Operations rollout plan and strategy that provided guidance for project management and development teams to adopt agile methodologies
* Facilitated daily meetings with development team to remove impediments and facilitate communications
* Worked to ensure the development team was shielded from constant changes in requirements and that they were working on highest priority items per the business prioritization