GANESH SUBRAMANIAN email@example.com
- 12 plus years of extensive IT experience in Business Analysis & Systems Engineering, Data Modeling, Software Engineering and Integrated Project Management in Data Warehouse/Oracle/Unix Environment in FMCG, Banking & Financial Services and Supply Chain Solutions domains.
- Thorough understanding and experience with Software Development Life Cycle models including Waterfall, Iterative, RAD, RUP and Agile.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), Data Analysis and Requirement Analysis.
- Efficient in translating Business Requirements into Functional and Non-Functional Requirements.
- Experience in Requirement Analysis, Business Case reviews.
- Experience with Process flow diagrams, documentation of data flow diagrams and business process re-engineering / conversion (System/Technology/Data) based on customer needs.
- Proficient in Requirements Gathering, Information flow analysis, Design and detailed Technical specification documentation.
- Extensive experience in assisting Project Managers and Team Leads in Project Planning and Initiation (PPI) area of Project Management.
- Perform Gap Analysis to understand and determine the existing system capabilities and the variance with the business requirements.
- Extensive experience in analyzing, preparing and reviewing Use Case / User Story specifications.
- Proficient in resolving ambiguous business or technical requirements and build consensus to drive for an agreed upon solution.
- Extensive experience in mentoring and directing System Analysis personnel on their work.
- Expertise on backend database programming with Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers in Oracle9i/10g.
- Extensive experience in working with Data Warehouse environment like Informatica.
- Working knowledge of Reporting Tools like Structured Query Reporting (SQR) / Cognos Impromptu Web Reports.
- Good understanding of Rational Tools like Rational RequisitePro and Rational Quality Manager.
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL development with capability to translate stored procedures, functions, packages and triggers into corresponding business logic.
- Document, maintain, track and follow-up on project risks and issues list for various projects.
- Co-ordinate periodic calls / stand up meetings with Business and IT to track project status.
- Adept at coordinating project implementation requirements, keep team members apprised of the project goals, status and track, resolve project related issues and conflicts.
- Excellent team player with ability to deliver in an individual role as well.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet impending deadlines across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
Maxima Consulting, Inc, Lead Systems Analyst / Project Manager / ScrumMaster
February 2008 - Present, Boston, MA, US
The Regulatory Capital Reporting (RCAP) systems compute the Federal Reserve mandated Regulatory Capital Holding Reserves for State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries (Bank & Trust, Global Markets). The capital exposures to various State Street counterparties across numerous financial products/instruments are periodically evaluated using BancWARE (a 3rd party tool). Based on this evaluation, the Tier 1 and Tier 2 levels of Regulatory Capital Reserve Ratios are computed and published to the Federal Reserve on a Quarterly basis.
The RCAP systems follow the BASEL I & BASEL II Regulatory Capital framework guideline. Based on this framework, broader risk exposure parameters like Probability of Default (PD) of counterparty, Exposure-At-Default (EAD), Loss-Given-Default (LGD) and Expected Loss-Given-Default (ELGD) are calculated and subsequently reported to the Federal Reserve.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCSL), Business & Systems Analyst
November 2003 - January 2008, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
The Securitized Product Group originates, underwrites / securitizes and trades Asset Backed Securities (ABS). These include Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) and Real Estate Structured Finance (RESF). The project is to define and deploy automated validation controls at the key data transfer points between the Product Group’s source systems and the Reporting Data Repository (Data Warehouse). It was necessary to mitigate the information exposure for managing operational risks and to assure the quality of Assets based Financial and Operational Reporting. The main Stakeholders for this project were the Securitized Product Group, Basel Group and the Risk and Compliance Systems of JPMorgan.
Hindustan Lever Ltd (HLL), Systems Analyst
June 2002 - November 2003, Chennai / Hyderabad, Tamilnadu / Andhra Pradesh, India
RSNet is a B2B portal developed to connect all the regional sales points (RS-Point) of HUL, which is one of the largest FMCG players in India. The portal was developed with the intention of establishing replenishment and enabling better sales forecast and had been piloted successfully. Every RS-Point has its own software to keep track of its inventory. A tool is used to generate a uniform flat-file that is uploaded to the site hllrsnet.com. This file is used to generate a list of reports with sales forecast and sales history. The site has the feature of placing the orders on the net and establishing replenishment. Also, the site has provisions for the RS to submit online claims for promotions offered on the trade, damage and shortage of goods and for any consumer related field force activity.