Geeta Pahalajani has been working as an Agile Product Owner for more than 4 years. She has an overall experience of 11+ years in product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle. She believes in the MVP approach of shipping early and often. She is also passionate about people which includes learning about individuals, teams and cultures. She loves to learn and share new things.
Her core expertise is Agile product development, project management, software process improvement, cultural transformation and conducting training's.
She has guided teams on improving their agile adoption through amalgamation of product management principles, user experience design and internal processes.
Geeta has also volunteered with Agile Cafe, a homegrown Agile networking platform in TCS. She co-lead the Agile festival in the her account. She has also presented in conferences on topics like 'Product=Agile + design thinking + yoo...', 'Scrum in Animal Kingdom', 'Product Owners myths versus realities'.
In near future, she aims to get into program management and help drive strategic transformations.
Tata Consultancy Services, Product Owner
October 2010 - Present, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Product Owner for Procure-to-Pay next gen discovery
• Along with the discovery team, completed the fit-gap analysis of the procure-to-pay use cases using Oracle’s Advanced Procurement Suite and shared the outcome with the leadership
• Estimated the time and cost effort required for the implementation to help meet business needs
• Described the internal and external interfaces integration effort in detail
• Understood the enhanced user experience needs of business and recommended usability enhancements
Product Owner for Timesheet and Expense Management tool
• Proactively educated the team on the application landscape and innovation opportunities
• Thought partnered with business on defining technical implications of the changes
• Owned and drove the testing strategy for the upgrade ensuring product quality
• Delivered project in a timely manner that exceeded stakeholders expectations
Product Owner Oracle 11g and DataStage 9.1 Upgrade
• Defined upgrade requirements through major release cycles and managed product roadmap in Agile/Scrum environment
• Prioritized backlog through constant black box testing and user feedback
• Tested end to end interfaces and prepared a backup strategy before upgrading instances
• Owned and drove the production upgrades and coordinated with IT operations and interfaces teams
Product Owner for a financial application
• Owned creation and development of financial databases from ideation to live products
• Created user flow diagrams and PRDs, collaborated with UX designers to develop interface for web as well as mobile devices
• Worked alongside engineers during development, QA and user testing
• Managed weekly sprints and prioritized backlog in agile environment using Mingle. Led weekly review meetings with the executive team
• Monitored product KPIs (registered users, purchases)
• Researched, reviewed, reported and implemented online financial database trends
• Interacted with community members on regular basis to improve site experience. Used Mingle to track and prioritize bug fixes and technical debt
• Worked alongside leadership team to define quarterly and yearly goals