Capital One, Product Manager
March 2015 - Present, Vienna, VA, US
Product manager responsible for data analysis, customer research, software development, and monitoring.
Partner with designers, business analysts, and developers to achieve goals.
Product owner for two teams.
Solutions IQ, Consultant at Capital One
August 2014 - March 2015, Richmond, VA, US
Product manager and product owner for two Agile teams.
The Knowland Group, Director of Product Management
April 2012 - October 2012, Lewes, DE, United States
Responsible for development and implementation of product management and software development processes and development of multiple products.
• Implemented Agile development methodologies with the product and engineering teams.
• Selected and implemented software solutions to support the move to Agile development.
• Implemented design, testing, and release processes that improved the quality of releases dramatically.
• Managed four product management team members with three as direct reports.
• Managed the engineering team of 17 people, all located in India.
• Worked with the client services and sales teams to identify development priorities.
• Directly managed the development of the company’s mission-critical sales and catering solution.
Active Network, Inc., Product Director
November 2009 - March 2012, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Responsible for strategic development of multiple products to increase competitiveness and sales.
• Was the product owner on multiple Agile scrum teams, attending all relevant meetings and writing and prioritizing user stories.
• Liaised with all internal and customer stakeholders on technical projects for both existing and new products.
• Designed, managed development of, and launched a new product for meeting location optimization: Meeting Optimizer.
• Managed multiple releases of existing software technology, including major infrastructure changes required to change to a service-based architecture.
• Developed strategic plans and business cases for executive committee consideration in yearly planning process.
• Worked with both corporate and hotel customers to identify opportunities for improving existing products and building new ones.
• Provided support for both renewals and net-new deals.
• Successfully managed OEM relationship with an external software provider.
Active Network, Inc. (StarCite), Global Account Manager
February 2006 - October 2009, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Responsible for management and expansion of a portfolio of major clients through organic growth and sales of additional products.
• Wrote business requirements for software development.
• Assisted scrum product owners with prioritizing user stories.
• Represented customers as a product stakeholder, attending scrum planning and review meetings.
• Managed all projects for a portfolio of over 12 customers, liaising with all stakeholders.
• Analyzed customer needs to ensure timely and full value contract renewals, identify new business opportunities, and achieve and exceed growth goals and annual quota requirements.
• Developed strategies to create, execute, and fulfill on an annual account master plan for the renewal and expansion of all company product categories offered to client base.
• Leveraged appropriate staff and departments to ensure customer requirements and commitments were met.
• Client portfolio included Johnson & Johnson, SAIC, KPMG, PwC, McKesson, AllianceBernstein, EMC, and Starbucks.