Graduated College in Massachusetts with BS in Computer Science.
Worked in California Silicon Valley for 10 years as Programmer and IT leader before relocating to Florida in mid-1990's
Evenually moved into IT Leadership and Project Management (PMP), adopting Agile/Scrum in 2008
Earned CSM in 2010 and have worked as Scrum Master ever since for Lowes.com, Liberty Power, MI9 Retail, and now American Express, having done much coaching as an SM looking to make next move into Agile Coaching role.
Have worked across industrues - Healthcare, Financial, eCommerce, Telecom, Card Services, Data Warehousing, High Technology, Education, and Defense
Have worked as project manager, IT development manager and director, and scrum master - prefer agile and scrum best.
American Express, Technical Project Manager - Scrum Master
February 2015 - Present, Sunrise, FL, US
Scrum Master for Development Team working on Global Customer Acquisition Platform program
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER (SCRUM MASTER)
- Coach and lead team in all Scrum activities using Rally and Pega
- Lead team in implementation of Global Customer Acquisition Platform, over 35,000 card applications / day
- Implemented Data Capture and Servicing for Customer Care UI, Credit Bureau, Balance Transfer, and Counter Offer features for Consumer and Commercial cards for both prospect and existing card members
- Mentor other Scrum Masters and team members
- Work with business and PMO to clarify and estimate features across Scaled Agile teams
- Ranked as one of the top maturity-level operating Scrum teams at Amex worldwide
MI9 Retail, Project Manager / Scrum Master
February 2014 - February 2015, Miami, FL, US
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Director Professional Services
MI9 is an industry leader in Retail software for corporate and store systems solutions.
- Lead and coach, PM, BA, and Implementation teams and oversee 3 remote Agile development teams
- Two development teams using Kanban and Trello, One development team using Scrum and TFS
- Developed vendor processes and presentations to manage client expectations for sales and implementations
- Hands-on PM handling scheduling, budget, and large client management
- Handling client engagements and implementations over $4M each
Liberty Power Corp, Scrum Master
October 2012 - January 2014, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Scrum Master / Coach / Project Manager
Liberty Power is an independent electrical power broker. I lead / coach Agile teams in development of internal software applications.
- Lead, coach, PM and coordinate 6+ agile development teams
- On-time deployment of re-engineered enterprise applications in support of new CRM system including offer generator for contract pricing, utility account management, and channel administration modules
- Implemented and deployed Utility Interval Usage Data Parser handling 60+ Utility data formats
- Created and clarified requirements with Product Owners and business stakeholders
- Coached and trained all IT and Product Owners (and relevant stakeholders) in Agile/Scrum
- Designed role of PMO in support of Agile development
Lowes.com, Scrum Master
February 2011 - September 2012, Mooresville, NC
Scrum Master / Coach
Led Agile teams in development of core functionality for Lowes.com eCommerce website.
- Coach and lead teams and other Scrum Masters in all steps of Agile methodology
- Coordinate Scrum Master meetings, Scrum of Scrums, and enterprise “Showcase” Sprint Reviews
- As part of Core Senior Development Team drove site optimization and standardizations
- Implemented Store Locator featuring Google Maps
- Implemented new masthead and landing page for Lowes.com
- Implemented auto-zip functionality to locate users and assign a store
- Contributed to implementation of Agile across Lowes.com