June 2009 - Present, Philadelphia, PA, United States
Lead Comcast’s Live Chat, eHelp and Enterprise Messaging Service (EMS) applications development teams. Performed all ScrumMaster, Technical Development Manager and PM roles within the eCare department. Converted 3 struggling Waterfall development teams into efficient Agile Scrum teams with iterative releases, increased velocity, continual improvement of product quality, quantity of product delivered and minimizing time to market. Accomplishments include:
· Delivered a full Agile training with Scrum to all developers and QA within the teams as well as select business and management
· Consolidated multiple business requirements sources into a single, well-groomed, continually reprioritized, Product Backlog with short term Roadmap and a single Product Owner.
· Created and documented new Agile processes within the teams to enhance development efficiency and product quality, resulting in 30% increased velocity.
· Increased product quality through Code reviews, documented coding standards, use case and test case creation, regression, performance and the introduction of automated builds and automated testing. This evolved into nearly bug-free production deployments.
· Managed the QA team and tightly integrated the QA into the development process
· Enhanced management visibility through a full set of daily reporting, including team burndown, individual team member burndowns (within each team, and across multiple teams). Created unique requirements burndowns to reflect requirement progress, detailing task progress burndown with overlay showing new tasks added as well as scope expansion of existing tasks and overall scope creep. Integrated and managed time, requirements and process integration with corporate tool set including Clarity, Remedy, Doors, MQC, TFS, Sharepoint Intake and Wiki sites.
EMC Corporation, Senior Consultant / IT Transformation Strategy Group
January 2009 - June 2009, New Brunswick, NJ, United States
Merck & Company Pharmaceuticals / Solutions Manager / Acting Scrum Master
Leading the EMC / Merck team in converting a stalled waterfall SharePoint Collaboration Portal project to an Agile methodology with Scrum
· Implemented Agile Methodology with Scrum through Sprint Zero while maintaining the required level of traceability to satisfy government regulations
· Trained and coached a management team of 15 and a development team of 10 in the utilization of Agile Methodology with Scrum across MRL, GTS & HH
· Fully engaged / mentored the development and management teams in the Agile/Scrum process
· Transformed a technology driven core set of requirements for a SharePoint collaboration initiative into a solid user/business focused product backlog for an initial pilot release
· Worked closely with ECCM to define the line between COTS and custom modifications so that requirements could be reassessed to avoid customization.
· Created a full set use cases and test cases utilizing RBE (Requirements by Example)
· Developed preliminary budget for pilot to submit for upper management approval.
Comcast Interactive Media, ScrumMaster
June 2008 - January 2009, Philadelphia, PA, United States
National Consolidators, Inc, IT / Web ScrumMaster
November 2001 - December 2007, Westmont, NJ, United States
· Established and documented requirements, created and managed end-to-end SDLC project plans for an enterprise wide infrastructure and IT system design encompassing a wide-range of initiatives including customer service management, website management, advertising management, order management, vendor management, shipping management, financial management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Employed JAD methodology to document all necessary project requirements. Utilized RAD methodology to successfully compress the project schedule by 25% and utilized select aspects of Scrum methodology to produce accelerated incremental Phased functionality.
· Developed end-to-end project plans for all company sales and marketing initiatives including eCommerce web sites, PPC/SEM/SEO campaigns and customer up-selling. Directed plans to consistently achieve on-time, at-budget project completion that met pre-established expectations.
· ScrumMaster, utilizing Agile Project Management with Scrum for a wide range of system-wide integration initiatives. Established Product Backlog and documented requirements, maintained and updated Sprint Backlog, facilitated monthly Sprint, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Meetings. Facilitated daily Scrum meetings for initiatives including vendor real-time inventory updating, credit card merchant account integration, customer order / vendor shipment tracking integration
· Facilitated and participated in (as an SME) JAD meetings to document companywide functional and non-functional requirements, prioritize companywide incremental functionality and establish incremental testing initiatives leading into the creation of the Product Backlog for a companywide development initiatives utilizing Scrum Methodology.
· As ScrumMaster and Product Owner, created a comprehensive set of Functional and non-functional requirements, prioritized requirements for all Sprint Meetings, facilitated Review and Retrospective Meetings, facilitated Daily Scrums for a highly advanced, highly flexible, continually evolving competitive price search module which integrated into existing software to create highly adaptive competitive module which would make real-time changes in website product pricing and shipping charges in response to price changes by the competition.
· Created a series of integrated wholesale program initiatives covering marketing, sales, financial and Operations integration utilizing Scrum methodology. Created a successful phased implementation delivering all required operational functionality as needed to roll out the wholesale program.