Gary Bamberger is a Transformational Trainer, Coach & Mentor to organizations adopting agile project delivery. Gary is a CSM and is pursuing his CSP. Gary is also a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC).
Gary has over 15 years experience in the IT industry focused on project delivery and extensive experience at various levels of management responsible for project delivery. During his time in IT, he has instituted traditional waterfall, Scrum and Lean project delivery. With an additional 10 years experience in operations within the financial services industry, he has the ability to clearly see situations from the Client's perspective as well as from the IT perspective.
Turning Point Coaching, Owner
December 2008 - Present, Corona de Tucson, AZ, US
I provide customized training, coaching and consulting in Scrum, Lean and Agile to organizations that are interested in transforming the way they work. I engage with people at all levels of the organization from CIOs to Development Team Members.
I also work with organizations to develop leadership capabilities and skills by assessing current state and identifying opportunity areas for improvement through the use of individual coaching and experiential group workshops. I have been successful in aligning teams with corporate goals in order to achieve repeatable and sustainable results.
I also provides life coaching and mentoring people in professional and/or personal transitions to identify what truly inspires and motivates them, develop their vision and goals in life, and guide them in developing a plan of action to achieve their goals. Strong focuses on developing the leadership characteristics that people desire in order to be successful. I am a Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC).
LiquidHub, Inc., Director, Management Consulting Practice
November 2007 - July 2011, Wayne, PA, US
Implemented Agile project delivery capabilities using Scrum, Lean and XP practices. Coached Client project teams to improve practices and overall adoption of agile project delivery within the context of the organization. Developed training materials and workshops taking into account the context of the Client organizations to ensure successful change adoption. Provided thought leadership in transitioning the organization to the agile framework.
• Coached newly trained cross-functional and remote teams, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Managers by providing insights from observed behavior as well as support to help ensure project success.
• Provided insights in the creation of a strategic plan for agile adoption within the context of the Client based on observations at the Client and prior experience.
• Developed and presented training and support materials to teach and reinforce the in-house Scrum training. Curriculum included:
• Created and delivered an Agile Planning Workshop to equip Product Owners and Scrum Masters to begin projects.
• Developed and delivered and Introduction to Agile 2-day training program to familiarize project teams with Agile practices and thinking.
• Authored and delivered Facilitation Training to help Scrum Masters understand and develop facilitation skills.
• Created and presented a Story Writing Workshop that provided tips and techniques for creating user stories.
• Developed a Manager Workshop to aid managers in understanding their role in supporting agile teams.
• Authored a Kanban Workshop to help production support teams to handle requests received.
• Created posters and presentations using MS Visio as part of an awareness campaign for the agile framework.
• Collaborated with other Agile Process Experts to develop an agile framework for business and operational uses.
• Produced sections of the Agile Handbook developed as a reference manual for Scrum Masters.
• Developed metrics and diagnostics to help IT Leadership compare agile to traditional waterfall in the areas of quality, productivity and cost.
• Worked with other Agile Process Experts to develop agile maturity progression and metrics.
• Trained client mentors and coaches to provide continuing ongoing support.
• Delivered customized training to the Scrum Master, Product Owner and Scrum Team in support of the group undertaking their initial agile project. Training courses created and delivered remotely included:
• Customized Scrum Master training to communicate the responsibilities for this role.
• Product Owner workshop that provided instructions for business people to understand how to most effectively work with agile teams that included elements of the Agile Planning Workshop.
• Introduction to Agile for project teams to enable team members to understand how to work together on agile projects which included elements of the Story Writing Workshop.
• Manager Introduction to Agile to aid managers in understanding their role in supporting agile teams.
• Coached newly trained and geographically distributed Scrum Team, Scrum Master and Product Owner by providing insights from observed behavior as well as support to help ensure project success.
GMAC Bank, IT Director of Application Development
July 2003 - May 2007, Horsham, PA, US
I supported the transition from traditional waterfall software development to Scrum at GMAC. I coached Scrum Masters as needed, acted as the a Scrum Master when necessary and was the Scrum Master for the Scrum of Scrums we used to coordinate work. I also worked with the Enterprise PMO to ensure project reporting met with enterprise standards.