I have been working in software development since I studied Computer Science in Swansea University over 20 years ago.
My first role was as a software developer in a team who were implementing an office automation product, which included an email system a spreadsheet and a word processor. From there, I moved to a contracting role for Hoare Govett - working on a product for convertibles traders. My next major role was for CHL Software in Ireland. In this position I had responsiblity for requirements capture, as well as development and database administration.
Intuititive Systems was my next stop; my team worked with a client to define, design and implement a Mortgage Quotation System. VISION Consulting was next, where I worked as a Business Analyst for a personal pensions website, and as a project manager for a online off-license.
Careworks Ltd was my next employer. This was where I first became aware of Scrum, became a certified ScrumMaster and was responsible for their first 'trial' Agile project. They now use Agile for all their development projects.
In May 2013, I moved to Globoforce Ltd. where I am a member of a Scrum team, as a Business Analyst/Proxy PO.
Globoforce, Business Analyst
May 2013 - Present, Dublin , IE
In Globoforce, a Business Analyst is responsible for requirements capture as user stories, and working as the Product Owner's proxy during the Scrum rituals and during sprints. We liase regularly with the PO to ensure we have a full understanding of his vision of a new feature or change. We create stories, work with the team to refine them, and are available during the sprint to answer questions and provide feedback.
One of my teams have been working on Globoforce's mobile products - an iPhone App, an Android app and a Mobile Web Application. I have also worked on a team to develop a Budgeting feature to allow clients to monitor and manage their spend on Recognition. I am currently working with this team on a surveys feature.
Careworks Ltd, Project Manager
August 2003 - May 2013, Dublin, IE
• Systems Developer on using ASP.Net & VB.Net with SQL Server database.
• Technical Team Lead - design and implementation of security and workflow.
• Requirements Capture and Project Manager for Irish customers.
• Customer Support Team Lead to turn around perception of CareWorks support services.
• March 2009, Certified Scrum Master and applied Agile methodology for a release as a trial. All CareWorks project teams now use Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Programme Manager for Careworks main product & Customer Liaison for a consortium of Welsh customers.
• Support Manager for CareWorks two main products plus a number of legacy products.
• Implemented Automated recording of response and resolution times for each incident, to enable measurement of performance against Service Level Agreements.
• Introduced incentive scheme for support team members which includes SLA targets and satisfaction targets based on a quarterly online customer survey.