Eric Dickson - Strategic Project, Program Leader and Agile Coach with extensive experience in project / program office leadership, program / project management, change management, and process improvement. Passion for creating and leading project management offices that help organizations identify, prioritize, initiate, manage, and track the most critical projects. Strong track record of collaboration, creating effective partnerships across organizational lines, and establishing thought leadership around shared organizational challenges. Extremely analytical and process-oriented by nature, and experienced at working at both the strategic and tactical levels of an initiative. Well known for being a calming influence during stressful times, and for being a trustworthy, supportive leader. Agile Evangelist with a passion for trainer teams in the art of getting things done.
FleetCor, Vice President, Delivery
August 2015 - Present, Brentwood, TN, United States
Responsible for delivery, training, and coaching for the organization with regards to our Agile practice.
Comdata/FleetCor, Director Delivery/Agile Coach/Scrum Master
December 2014 - Present, Brentwood, TN, US
Comdata/FleetCor December 2014 - Present
Director North American Delivery
• Responsible for delivery of key initiatives associated with North American Trucking Portfolio
• Presented Agile methodology to senior leadership
• Conducted “train the trainer” Agile training for six International teams
• Coaching Scrum Masters, Product Owners and team members
Comdata, PMO Director/Program Director
December 2012 - November 2014, Brentwood, TN, US
Comdata December 2012 – December 2014
Director of Project Management / Program Director / Agile Coach
• Developed, implemented and delivered Agile training class for 16 Agile teams
• Coached all agile teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners and team members.
• Led new Fleet Advance product team, managing to a 2.8M budget.
• Continuous improvement for agile team through coaching.
• Delivered Product Owner training.
• Version One agile tool administration.
• Co-authored a scrum masters playbook.
• Managed two Agile teams with very high visibility on product deliverables
o Expense reductions of 20% through self-service initiative
o New product introduction (first to market alerting system)
Comdata, Sr. Project Manager/Scrum Master
November 2010 - November 2012, Brentwood, TN, US
Comdata November 2010 – December 2012
Sr. Project Manager / Scrum Master
• Led newly formed agile team for our Vendor Enrollment product.
• Designed, developed, championed, prioritized and implemented a Small Enhancement Release process for Mainframe and Web applications where there was no process previously. Successfully implemented 125+ small enhancements via the release process in the first year.
• Championed Stability process for seven application platforms, successfully implementing over 400 stability related tasks resulting in over 50% less application downtime.
• Championed work request process for Business Intelligence team resulting in delivery of over 100 requests either on or ahead of schedule.
• Planned, and implemented successful application infrastructure move from co-located data center to Brentwood data center – through my leadership team was able to implement the move which had previously been attempted numerous times over two year period.
• Partnered with Product Executives in developing prioritization process for small enhancement requests (requests less than 100 hours). Moving toward release model enabled business owners to provide customers with implementation dates for the first time.
• Successfully introduced SCRUM best practices to Infrastructure executives through successful UNIX/Oracle project implementation; i.e. daily standups.