Costa Rican Vacations, IT Manager
May 2008 - Present, San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Strategically develop and follow year long plans to assure business growth, expansion and operational improvements.
- Project Manager/SCRUM Master for internal and external (outsourced) projects, resources and tools.
- Responsible for the software development and IT support groups.
- Oversee career development and performance evaluation of every IT team member.
- IT as a Service (ITaaS): Managed to implement this operational model in which IT is run as an internal service provider for the business, simplifying the consumption of IT Services and providing a higher level of agility to fulfill the technology needs of the enterprise.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Created a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure for provisioning a combination of on-site services (VoIP, LAN, WAN, VPN) and Cloud based services (Application Servers, Database, Storage, CDN), lowering the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) of on premises equipment, providing Disaster Recovery capabilities and improving the overall infrastructure scalability.
- ITIL based Service Desk: Standardized the Service Operation functions across Incident, Problem, and Change management, allowing the creation of internal Operational Level Agreements in order to measure, track and control departmental KPIs and goals.
- Project Management Framework: A combination of the traditional PMI waterfall approach and SCRUM has given the software development team a mature framework to address specific projects and RFCs more efficiently, based on estimations that measure each effort in terms of scope, time, and cost.
Hewlett-Packard, Project Manager / Business Analyst
August 2007 - April 2008, La Aurora, Heredia, Costa Rica
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple international teams to deliver consistent project results.
- Elaborate and follow timelines, roadmaps, and resource allocation charts.
- Monitor and control project execution.
Hewlett-Packard, IPG-IT 3rd Level Support Specialist
April 2007 - July 2007, La Aurora, Heredia, Costa Rica
- IPG-IT 3rd Level Support Specialist for CDI, FAST, MAGIC, Rocket, CMC, and other HP internal business applications.
Hewlett-Packard, ECO-IT ARES Costa Rica-Mexico Team Leader
November 2005 - April 2007, La Aurora, Heredia, Costa Rica
- ECO-IT ARES Costa Rica-Mexico Team leader
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) and training coordinator.
- Level 2 support for ECO-IT HP internal sales websites and applications: SMB, CAX, GEM, ICC
Hewlett-Packard, Call Center Agent / Technical Leader
May 2004 - November 2005, Santa Ana, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Call center agent, providing technical support for onshore HP staff.
- Developer of the ASC Support Agent app, implemented worldwide on every HP support center.
- Technical Leader for e-commerce applications and desktop support.
Professional Services, Freelance Developer / Technical Support Agent
March 2003 - May 2004, San Jose, San Jose, Costa Rica
Freelance Developer / Technical Support Agent