- Experienced in a wide range of industries, including: Consumer/Custom Electronics, Medical, Oil/Gas Industry, Telecommunications, Storage, and Chip Fabrication.
- Proficient in full life cycle of firmware development from requirements to initial board bring up and integration through development and testing/verification of the application to release and maintenance.
- Over 15 years experience as a developer for firmware and embedded systems.
- Over 4 years experience in System Integration / Test focused on firmware and embedded systems.
- Experience in both traditional project management and Agile.
Seagate, Staff Program Manager
October 2013 - Present, Longmont, CO, US
Working with a variety of firmware teams to bring advanced disk drive and hybrid drive products to market using Agile practices.
Intel, Scrum Master
June 2012 - October 2013, Longmont, CO, US
• Scrum Master for over 20 developers and validation engineers (local and remote) in two functional teams developing the latest solid state hard drives for Intel.
• Worked closely with Program Managers on resource allocation, prioritization, and scheduling over 5 programs worked in parallel.
• Developed multi-Sprint release plans to track expected burn down of work to each milestone within the program.
• Worked with Functional Managers, Scrum Technical Leads, and Team Technical Leads to map out team short term and long term objectives.
• Developed automated reports and queries into the Jira system using the REST interface and Groovy and Python scripts.
Tendril, Sr. Firmware Engineer / Scrum Master
November 2011 - May 2012, Boulder , CO, US
Working on the firmware side of Tendril's energy solution.
• Developed and integrated the new Smart Outlet into existing devices framework.
• Developed calibration and customized calibration scripting for the Smart Outlet
• Worked of various defects and sustaining issues as they arose.
• Represented firmware engineer during sustaining rotation.
• Provided leadership and guidance in scrum framework as a scrum master
• Worked closely with Product Owners and Product Management on firmware issues.
• Helped lead and focus development planning and estimation meetings.
Tendril, Sr. System Integration Engineer
June 2009 - November 2011, Boulder, CO, US
• Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, and executed test on a Zigbee Smart Energy devices.
• Worked closely with Firmware and Software Engineering to integrate new features into system.
• Developed automated tests using Selenium, Fitness, Slim, Groovy, and Java.
• Designed User Interface for PDA portion of a Zigbee Load Control Device and worked with third party developers defining the desired behaviors of that device.
• Worked with Partner Management in the testing, integration, and debugging of a Smart Energy module developed by General Electric.
• Worked with Product Management and Firmware Engineering in the definition of LED, Duty Cycle, and Minimum Off Time behavior on devices.