Dawn Wesolek (Nee Beck)
I'm a highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven product director with proven ability to deliver best in class products and solutions worldwide. I've implemented many products utlising agile methodogies in my career. I specialise in delivering results directly to board level. I seek to understand the buisness needs of my audience rathre than worrying about the technological constraints. I've got the drive and determination to bring out the best in customers, stakeholders and colleagues through translating difficult concepts to deliver results. I possess a deep domain knowledge of both Retail & Consumer Goods, Systems Integration and Business Intelligence.
My key strengths include: Agile Leadership and Transformation, Departmental Transformation, Executing Global Business Strategy, Team Leadership, Business Case Preparation, C-Level presentation, Budget and Cost Control, Product Management, Product Analysis,
Cognizant Technologies Solutions Limites, Associate Director- Agile Transformation
November 2014 - Present, London, LONDON, GB
• Internal and External Influencing of an extremely diverse delivery structure across India, US and Europe to ensure delivery of client requirements.
• Providing Agile Leadership to programmes within Tier 1 clients in Banking, Telecoms and Retail.
• Creating and facilitating workshops and opportunities for senior execs to ideate on how agile will enable their organisation to realise benefits from their investment in software, processes and services.
• Coaching and Mentoring at the Enterprise Level on Agile Transformation.
• Performing Agile Maturity Assessments and presenting to C-Level Execs on the metrics and KPI’s assigned to their Agile Initiatives.
• Ideating and implementing several new product offerings for the practice in Product Management and Ownership.
• Contributing to thought leadership in Agile leading to a trademarked Agile Framework.
• Providing Mentoring to Portfolio Managers, Product Managers and Product Owners on Agile Requirements Management.
• Providing RFP and RFI input for incoming bids and tenders.
• Working with Client teams to ensure appropriate commercial structures are in place for Agile delivery versus standard SDLC (waterfall) methods of revenue recognition.
dunnhumby, Senior Product Manager
August 2005 - July 2013, London, London, GB
During my career at dunnhumby my products were attributed to achieving millions of pounds savings and revenue for our retail and manufacturer clients.
• Lead development and design teams to create a coupon evaluation module using Scrum in both the Scrum Master and Product Owner roles . This realised savings of more than 2 years of consultancy effort for the organisation.
• Achieved £8 million pounds of incremental revenue through development of a customized shopper behaviour reporting solution for a consumer electronics giant. Managed and mentored a team of Business Analysts into Product Ownership using Scrum
• Championed the genesis of the Agile Product Management capability whilst developing a retail space-allocation tool, which was responsible for £11.5 million worth of annual savings to our biggest retailer.
• Pioneered an increase in efficiency by leading the creation of the SCRUM Product Owner processes and procedures to track, manage and control customer development requirements and release candidates.
• Drove and implemented the crowning achievement within the category/assortment vertical. The product paid for itself with sales to manufacturers and retailers within 3 months and was responsible for an operational savings within retail category planning processes of up to 66%.
• Promoted to the Head of Customer Education, reporting directly to the CTO, having markedly contributed to every product within the portfolio.
• Performed both direct line management and indirect management for an Agile capability of 250 developers, authors, graphic artists, deployment engineers and support personnel.
• Presented at C-Level the success of and challenges of a major product development. The CEO of dunnhumby Italy challenged my team to “do it faster” and we implemented a 6-month implementation in 6 weeks.