My name is Deep Agarwal, and I have more than 8 years of Project Management/Scrum Master/Business Analyst experience. I am a results-driven scrum master/program manager with expertise on global e-commerce platforms, content management, search optimization, security, PCI/SOX Compliance and Agile framework. I have a proven track record of delivering results and partnering successfully with customers on business requirements.
Currently, I am working as a Scrum Master for Hotwire (Expedia Inc.), where I am leading multiple teams using agile (scrum, BDD) methodologies to enhance hotwire.com's search optimization, response and API development. This aims to improve and increase customer engagement by delivering faster search results.
In my role as a scrum master, I have leant how to bring a group of people together to not only deliver faster results but to build something that they would love and actually use.
Before joining Hotwire, I worked as a Sr. Business Systems Analyst for GSPANN Technologies Inc. where I oversaw the delivery of product strategy, product requirements and business processes re-design of a Homepage, Header/Footer, Flyouts, CMS for all of the digital marketing channels like Emails, SMS and Flexible Templates for eCommerce retail global platform that improved ranking of the site in different search engine indexes and increase customer engagement. In this role, I learnt how to work closely with customers/stakeholders to gather the requirements, and translated the business vision and strategic needs of stakeholders into deliverables task and user stories.
Hotwire (Expedia Inc), Scrum Master
April 2014 - Present, San Francisco, CA, United States
Currently working as Scrum Master, leading multiple teams using agile (scrum, BDD) methodologies to enhance Hotwire.com search optimization, BI, pricing, response and API development, to improve and increase customer engagement by delivering faster search results.
GSPANN Technologies Inc, Sr Business Systems Analyst
September 2012 - April 2014, Milpitas, CA, United States
• Led a team of developers & testers using agile (scrum, ATDD) methodologies to overhaul e-commerce website (Macys.com and Bloomingdales.com) to improve online experience and personalization and increase customer engagement.
• Oversaw the delivery of product strategy, product requirements and business processes re-design of a Homepage, Header/Footer, Flyouts and Flexible Templates for eCommerce retail global platform that improved ranking of the site in different search engine indexes.
• Worked closely with customers/stakeholders to gather the requirements, translated the business vision and strategic needs of stakeholders into deliverables task and user stories.
• Supported Scrum Master in iteration planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint retrospective, sprint demos, maintained process documentation and ensured cross-functional team coordination.
• Collaborated with the other Product Managers in providing support for prioritization of the backlog, facilitating demo meetings, and fostering communication with the team.
• Coordinated with Release Management to ensure successful delivery of iterations and deployments.
• Created business artifacts such as prototypes, mock-ups, high-level page flows, and functional flow diagrams to ensure teams have an understanding of the big picture.
• Worked with various business owners in classifying the assets based on the criticality & sensitivity and made sure appropriate user has access to it.
• During the initiation phase of the project, identified and created documents/updated all the risks/threats/vulnerabilities/assumptions involved in a project.