Accomplished technology professional, with over 10 years of program management and 5 years of Agile experience, delivering highly complex, strategic initiatives. Equipped with savvy and know-how to lead global, business stakeholder groups (i.e., Finance, Sales, Order to Cash, Marketing) and technology experts through all phases of SDLC. Certified scrum professional, adept at coaching and motivating scrum teams and product owners to deliver maximum business value.
Scrum experience @ my current employer, Autodesk
Scrum Master – Enterprise Information Services (EIS)
- Remove obstacles, which impede a team’s velocity and pursuit of sprint goals to deliver business objectives for the product owner.
- Coach and mentor scrum team members, focusing on continuous improvement, such as, automated test scripting; cross-functional team training; Rally tool usage during sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Collaborate with the product owner in maintaining the backlog and creating release plans; radiate scrum artifacts to ensure transparency to stakeholders about the scrum team’s progress and success.
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies: daily stand up, retrospectives, sprint reviews, sprint planning, release planning.
- One of the first certified scrum masters in EIS; selected by senior leadership to pursue a CSP designation based on performance as a scrum master.
- Scrum master for the worldwide rollout of Autodesk global ecommerce online store, with co-located and distributed teams, multiple system integrations involving SAP, Siebel, Tibco and an external ecommerce vendor. Considered a top Autodesk program initiative, selected as for ‘early adopter’ of scrum practice in the company.
- Member of the Autodesk Scrum Adoption Team, chartered to help teams learn to do scrum well, and the Autodesk Agile Transformation Team, which evangelized Agile practices across the company.
- Initiated and led the Scrum Master Support Group to mentor and coach less experienced scrum masters.