A Certified Scrum Professional who facilitates agile scrum while removing impediments for the team so the team is able to deliver the sprint goal. A Certified Product Manager / Owner representing the line of business, delivering intent, prioritizing backlog and creating road maps. A Certified Usability Analyst who conducts independent research, analyzes real user behavior and works with user interface designers, product managers and engineers to improve Capital One Canada’s product features and develop new ones. A Learning Technology Specialist who is a versatile and integral member of a team that is responsible for leading initiatives, and maintaining, enhancing, and troubleshooting the learning systems and integrated learning solutions at Capital One University. Seasoned technology individual experienced with diverse web technologies and the Android mobile platform technologies, working with system vendors, IT and client relationships. An excellent communicator with an ability to work with everyone throughout the organization ensuring an optimal customer experience. A veteran high school teacher with experience preparing lesson plans and evaluating student performance, using various media, managing classroom discipline, coaching athletics and cooperating with faculty, staff, and parents. Additional work experience includes assisting in pharmaceutical studies in a medical setting.
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Agile Coach / Scrum Master
April 2013 - Present, Richmond, Virginia, United States
Accountable for guiding new teams at the Federal Reserve Bank and organization on Agile practices and values.
Guided teams on how to get the most out of self-organization and on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Completed 100% of development for “FedCash”, the largest project in Federal Reserve history on time and under budget.
• Increased software production by 100% within the first three sprints with the implementation of a Sprint 0 and working closely with the Agile Coaches.
• Decreased the number of Software Defects by 30% through implementing Pair Programming with the teams, and increased team velocity by 12%.
• Sustained expected velocity by coaching three new scrum masters as the project grew and new teams were created.
• Researched and promoted adoption of best practices in technology policies and security as they pertain to the Federal Reserve Application Development technology systems and needs.
• Managed multiple distributed teams with more than 20 direct reports.
• Assessed teams and organization and coached the teams to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the teams and organization.
• Removed impediments for the teams or guided the teams to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
Capital One, Canada Card Digital PO
June 2008 - April 2013, Richmond, Virginia, United States
Accountable for leading various initiatives in support of Capital One’s Canada Card and Corporate strategy through the product development life cycle. Able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap to address identified needs; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experiences
Migrated over 250 web pages for Capital One Canada Card and 100 pages of Capital One Corporate web pages to an updated java based platform enabling the line of business more control over their site and faster and more reliable updates.
Managed all of Capital One Canada Card digital intent and created their digital road map.
Managed all of Capital One Corporate digital intent and created their digital road map.
Created and re-engineered the internal triage process for for Digital Portal Program cutting down meetings by 90% and increasing efficiency by 50%.