MORGAN STANLEY, Vice President - Application Development Manager
October 2010 - Present, New York, New York, United States
Vice President, Application Development Manager, 10/2010 - Present
Lead application development and lifecycle management (ALM) to deliver high-visibility, critical projects with significant financial, customer service, and operational impacts in accordance with requirements, budget, and scope. Primary expert on content management, data warehousing, integration, user experience, and reporting solutions using cutting-edge technologies. Devise innovative and novel approaches to solve complex issues. Translate business processes and user requirements into functional and technical requirements. Present recommendations to senior IT managers, executive clients, stakeholders, and project sponsors; manage engagement and expectations. Conduct product demonstrations for new business onboarding and to obtain feedback, enable training, and identify gaps. Direct and mentor teams, including designers, developers, systems analysts, and QA resources, to meet deadlines. Facilitate recruitment, coaching, and professional development to attract and retain top talent.
Key Achievements & Projects:
* Solid track record leading design, development, and implementation of sophisticated solutions meeting detailed technical and business requirements that deliver measurable cost savings and business value.
* Exceptional ability to explain technical concepts in a clear and accessible manner to gain necessary approvals to move projects forward.
* Ensure 100% compliance with strict regulatory requirements governing the financial services industry.
* CTI Integrated Desktop, CRM, and Reporting Application: Led successful delivery of best-in-class solution with case management, workflow with BPM, telephony integration, quality management, knowledge management, sophisticated call handling, automation, and workspace/context sharing.
~ Oversaw business process re-engineering/automation and directed end-to-end design, architecting, development, testing, release, and delivery of unified solution to consolidate contact centers across multiple business lines.
~ Used Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Flex Mosaic, OSGI, AngularJS, HTML5, WPS, Convertigo, DB2, Avaya & Genesys APIs; SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SQL Server, and Informatica for reporting & data visualization; Splunk built on Big Data for Call Center dashboard.
~ Fully accountable for all aspects of project scope, planning, requirements, execution, delivery, change management, estimates, risks, etc.
~ Solution reduced call handling time, improved self-service, increased efficiency, decreased resource needs, and provided enhanced sales opportunities.
* Dynamic Publishing: Proposed, secured buy-in, and implemented SAP Business Objects publication to meet reporting requirement to distribute dynamic service request metrics to multiple departments & business lines.
* Statement Consolidation: Conducted detailed technical design review, obtained necessary approvals, and led successful development and implementation of multi-threaded solution for mandatory project under compressed period.
* UI Transactional Claims Processing Tool: Leveraged Agile methodology for rapid development and delivery of high-visibility, mission-critical project; created detailed requirements, wireframes, UI personas, and solution applications and conducted regular reviews with senior IT management.
* Data Center Migration: Managed critical project to move applications from IBM-managed data center to firm-managed data center to reduce costs, drive operational efficiencies, and enhance security. Resolved a variety of challenges to migrate to multitenant/farm server configuration and deployment, vendor support, application installation/configuration, and migration from WebSphere to open source technologies (Tomcat, Apache).
NICE ACTIMIZE, Project Manager
November 2009 - October 2010, New York, New York, United States
Managed scope definition, planning, scheduling, budget, issues/risks, resource allocation, and change requests for multiple, concurrent transactional risk management solutions across anti-money laundering (AML), risk case management (RCM), fraud, and watch list filtering. Handled data requirements analysis, data acquisition, design, testing, and deployment. Wrote SOWs and created functional & design specifications. Collaborated with senior stakeholders and customers to manage expectation. Led negotiations to obtain necessary business and IT resources.
* Successfully provided lifecycle project management across all phases of the SDLC to ensure on-time delivery of sophisticated solutions.
* Provided effective leadership to project teams comprised of technical and business resources.
INFOSYS TECHNOLOGIES, LTD, Project Manager
June 2006 - October 2009, Warren, New Jersey, United States
Architected and managed global project team working on multiple application portfolios/projects for wealth management technology with functionality not limited to stock plan services, new accounts, investment technology, eDelivery, and blast/campaign email services. Monitored staff performance with an emphasis on continuous improvements to software engineering process and practices. Liaised with and updated stakeholders throughout all project phases. Identified and mitigated risks/issues.
* Successfully implemented and automated end-to-end email platform with SOA, including template design, customization/personalization, email generation, bounce back processing, tracking, and reporting.
* Introduced test-driven development tools such as JUnit, FlexUnit, and reusable components resulting in 15% increase in productivity.
* Implemented standards and processes through incremental, innovative technological changes and enhancements; improved project margins and increased CMMI from Level 3 to Level 5.
* Played key role in ramping up project team size to 21 resulting in increase in engagement margins.
Lason systems Inc., Technical Project Manager
July 2016 - May 2006, Troy, Michigan, United States
Served as principal member of team designing and developing web-based direct marketing system suite for Ford Motor Co., ensuring optimum and timely deliverables. Coordinated project teams by securing requirements, identifying usability issues, and maintaining appropriate level of application quality.
+ Liaised between US and India-based development teams and client to facilitate translation of complex business requirements into technical specifications.
+ Designed and developed Partner Recognition program portal for dealerships to maintain and improve supplier-dealer relationships, including online contests and incentive programs.
+ Directed all technical efforts to develop data warehouse and decision support system for Ford Partner recognition program and business-preferred network.
+ Held responsibility for technical / administrative support involving all aspects of Data Administration.
+ Teamed with staff to redesign partner's recognition web site, encompassing overall usability, site-wide navigation, and reporting functionality.
+ Collaborated with business units to assess technical impact of business requirements, focusing on consensus in alternative solutions to ensure consistency and flexibility.
+ Developed e-mail and direct mail dependent campaign management and marketing system, including fully functional and intuitive standards-based GUI.
+ Recognized with Award of Excellence from leading automobile manufacturer.
+ Achieved cost savings, reduced claim processing lifecycle, and improved dealership loyalty by migrating from client/server claim processing to online claim process.