Photon Infotech, Program Manager
April 2015 - Present, Wilton, CT, United States
1. Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
2. Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
3. Coordinate cross-project activities
4. Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
5. Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
6. Apply change, risk and resource management
7. Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
8. Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
9. Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
10. Prepare reports for Senior Management
ExtensionEngine LLC, Scrum Master
December 2013 - March 2015, Boston, MA, United States
The role involves managing Projects from inception to completion in order to deliver maximum ROI to the customer.
• Defining Technology Roadmap for customers
• Designing wireframes using Balsemiq, Axure RP etc
• Responsible for maintaining JIRA, Confluence
• Backlog grooming, Sprint Planning
• Running Retrospectives
• Maintaining Microsoft Project Online for customers along-with MPP as offline version
• Building custom dashboards for customers to view data on demand using oDATA queries
Photon Inc, Scrum Master
February 2011 - November 2013, Newark, NJ, United States
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Owner and the team to create backlog; prioritize and assign complexity points to the user stories based on its business value and ROI.
- Monitor the progress of release and its deliverables and work with Software Engineering (SWE) and stakeholders to gain approval for s/w releases.
- Keep leadership apprised of Sprint and Release progress, and identify risks and issues.
- Oversee the software development in Sprints (of Scrum of Scrums) by attending daily stand-ups and removing impediments/noise.
- Report team progress by burn-up, burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting and sprint and release progress using Rally.
- Organize, facilitate & lead showcase, retrospective, sprint and release planning sessions.
- Coaching and mentoring teams in effective adoption and use of agile principles and practices.
- Professing TDD approach.
- Ensuring cross-team coordination.
- Recruiting Project Managers into the organization.
- Creating Agile SoW.
Hexaware Technologies, Software Engineer
July 2006 - April 2009, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Roles and Responsibilities
- Creating Resource Allocation plan using Gantt Charts.
- Attending review meetings and walk-through to understand the requirement documents and the application.
- Assigning the various scenarios to various team-members for execution.
- Identified & analyzed questionable functions, errors and inconsistencies in the Functionality/UI/Data in the application and documented defects.
- Identification of Risk and proposing contingency plans.
eStreet Inc, Mortgage Assistant
August 2004 - June 2006, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Role and Responsibilities
· Follow up on incoming leads
· Cold Calling
· Generate prospects over the phone
· Send mailers, maintain complete database & reports
· Fix appointments with the prospects
· Close leads