BRIAN LEE MILLER
SF Bay Area, Cell Phone 707.479.2028
"CSM, PMP, MBA, CCNA, GROL, ITIL, IEEE"
Role and Specialties: Sr. Program and Technical Project Manager
- FCC licensed wireless practitioner, product strategy development mastery
- PM and Network expert Alcatel, Juniper, Cisco, SCADA, WLAN, Cellular, Zigbee, RFI, Microwave, IR, Optical, and Radio, all hands on. Carrier Grade Five 9’s trained.
- Program and project management skills, industry certifications, security background
- Exceptional leadership and molding of multiple cross-functional teams
- Excellent presentation skills, poise, and experience with market leading customers
- Strong initiative, detail oriented, and owns a self-starter attitude
- Working experience with onsite Cisco and Microsoft groups. TCP/IP OSI connection expertise.
- 8 plus years of experience in Project Management Skills with product rollout hands on work with UCCE, Routers BGP and OSPF, Switches, Wireless and Optical products, and systems.
- 10 plus years marketing wireless "go to market" executions of NPI
- DSL, Telephony, CSU/DSU, Ethernet, redundancy, and diverse routing.
- SOW writing and executions. Collaborative and archival document product focused.
- Track record of effective product definition ensuring products success to production
- Video and Audio Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Rock Star!
Sr. Project Manager Allianz Global Network and Contact Centers at Fireman's Fund Insurance Company July 2013 – Present (11 months) Novato, CA
- Deliver projects, Create and maintain project plan, Perform project plan analysis,
- Formulate and define scope and objectives, Monitor the project from initiation through delivery and closure. Create a communication plan
- Maintenance of the project data in the Project Portfolio database.
- Participate in issue and risk management identification and resolution.
- Assign and monitor work of project team members, providing support and direction
- Assure compliance with FFIC project management policies and standards.
- Govern project meetings and capture decisions, Manage project documentation
- Plan and deploy Cisco UC based enterprise W/VLANs, MPLS LAN/WAN networks with UCS-C 260 running CUCCE, CUCVP, CUIC, CUCM and Finesse VOIP
Infrastructure Technical Program Manager and Network Eng. Copart Inc. Fairfield, CA Mar 2013 – July 2013
- Corporate governance and leadership for the WW rollout of multi-media content distribution networks. Overseen the client and server security hardening processes.
- Mitigated identified risks to program schedules, firmware/software, and integration planning with rapid engagement of the Product Owners. Successfully ensured that engineering requirement definitions (user stories) are tracking to program delivery and verification milestones. Develop new product introduction protocols.
- Executed agile commit processes disciplines in the areas of quality communications, human resources, cost, procurement, risk, and change management.
- IPv4/6 dual addressing , sub-netting, VLANs, tunnels and virtualization. Cisco Nexus 7700 Series
- Project CAPEX cost reduction from over 2 million to less than a million within a few month.
- Improved many key metrics such, action items, schedule, performance metrics, etc. Succeeded in steering HW, SW, and ITIL teams.
- Ensured that the delivery of all projects within their team meet quality, scope, budget, and timeline requirements.
- Installation of video, voice, networking, telecom, routers, switches and other data center HW
Sr. Program and Project Manager: Cisco Corporation, Milpitas, CA Jun 2012 – Feb 2013
- Scrum managed and administrated web application engineering development teams in the corporate collaboration tool industry. Administration and leadership for all cross-functional teams that are developing both cloud and client software (SDLC) or are supporting a go to markets release processes.
- Executed and maintained agile commit processes and disciplines in the areas of quality, communications, human resource, cost, procurement, risk/issue, and change management.
- Ensured the churned and reorganized team delivered at new rapid cadence for the new business process transitions
- Reduced development project expenses and performed budget management. Showed a net savings by forming effective tiger teams.
- Directed the engineering use of a newly conceived" lightweight" documentation and processes. Ensured all InfoSec ID security issues had a solution in the product roadmap. Manage new product manufacturing, servicing, quality, and regulatory issues.
- Utilized MS Project, Bugzilla, Jira, Visio, Smart Sheet, and Clarity; involved in the transition from using SharePoint to using WebEx.
Sr. Product and Program Manager: Microsoft, Mountain View, CA Aug 2011 – Jun 2012,
- Administered several multi-disciplinary fulltime and contract engineering teams in the consumer electronics industry. Administered leadership for all teams that were developing innovative CMOS wireless transceiver and its software code (SDLC) development processes.
- Developed POC devices and bring up board for each variant of chip evolution concept to production. Evolve from POC to a new product introduction "go to market scenario."
- Supply chain improvements including the Taiwanese wireless CMOS chip fab partner.
- Directed the Agile development with Rally and Clarity via intervals and milestone gates for a system including server software, security hardening, identified risks to program schedules, in the hardware, firmware/software and integration planning. Successfully ensure that engineering requirement definitions are tracking to projects and program delivery and verification milestones.
- Successes in a massive design win against in trenched competitive semiconductor alternatives. Managed to lead the required product and organizational executions for the MS Xbox One sourcing victory.
- Improved current Documentum platform via infrastructure server migrations. Ensured IP, data protection, or security issues impacted on the Xbox One.
Sr. Project and Program Manager for the T-Systems agencies' clients:
Ericsson, Zhone, Oticon, Sonoma Sky, United. S.F. Bay Area, CA Jan 2006 – Jul 2011
- Upgraded Documentum capabilities for two different commercial clients.
- Improved procurement management processes. Enhanced the functional Quality Assurance reviews and inspections. Obtained measurable improvements in project content, timeframes, and cost structures. Enhance security coverage for PLC.
- Repetitively drove the growth and modernization in facilities, completing implementations required changes. Transitioned several company organizations through the difficult path to truer agile.
- Specialty in managing projects that address Network, VOIP Voice, Wireless, T3s, installations or SCADA/EMS Fiber-optic / Microwave wireless facility consolidation.
- In 2009 invested a year of personal time and financing to furthering professional credentials and bringing current technical knowledge. Resulted in an A average for 40 accredited units of college programs, plus obtaining PMP coursework, FCC GROL certification, and completing the four college lead Cisco Academy CCNA courses.
- Created and documented the 34 schedules needed for financial institutional audit compliance while taking on all of the responsibilities of the previous project manager plus all mainframe infrastructure modernizations.
- Addressed long standing Ericsson to AT&T customer issues with one of its integration vendors.
- Completed the product development, and approval as required for cost and time while addressing quality and ethical issues in the supply chain. NPI success by controlled introduction.
- Completed consistently each client's term or extended to a larger scope in subsequent rounds. Maintained consistent employment with T-Systems when not enrolled in college.
- Taiwan wireless equipment suppliers including Comtrend's Wireless Dual Home Residential Gateway.
Sr. Telecom Product and Program Manager at DSC Communications, subsequent merger with Alcatel-Lucent
Petaluma, CA 94954 1993 - 2005
- Directed market focused vision of complex data-com critical features, functions, and quality improvements to major corporate clients networking systems in the WW market.
- Planned and executed the orchestrated phase-in of complex multi-tiered projects. Managed three global staffs of six to nine professionals and completed key projects both on time and on budget.
- Maintained customer mind-share and mutual trust throughout the delivery of three major product line and their 15-associated release cycles for EMS product.
- Drove and managed over 15 projects and programs with budgets ranging between one to five million dollars each. Assumed ownership product line internal and external product road maps. Scoped detail project estimates and performed cost based analysis.
- Vendor management - initiated and administered outsourced and third party relationships and coordinated work between different teams and locations, all vendors and subcontractors.
- I was granted another U.S. Patent, this one in energy savings software # 6,278,778.
- Pursued far-reaching market changing IT innovation for high-speed internet access benefiting Alcatel access sales partially for a 2000% rise, while in leadership roles.
Staff Manager/Engineer -Network Technology with New England Tel. thru Verizon Framingham, MA 02816
- MIT, Cambridge, MA: Postgraduate Studies in Networking and Protocols
- Lesley University, Cambridge, MA: M.S. Degree, Applied Business Management
- University of California at Los Angeles, Westwood, CA: Alumni, Physics Major
- Salem International University, Salem, WV: Bachelors Program of Studies
- Agile SDLC experienced with XP, Lean, and Scrum practices Agile instruction by http://platinumedge.com/ with Mark Layton, Scrum Master # 000221891
- PMI Project Management Certification with C-Prime, certification testing # 467121
- Management excellence series at AT&T and Bell Labs accredited training in Lisle, Ill
- Quality: Fagan Code Inspection method; Carnegie-Mellon CMMI Level III, Toyota-United LEAN, Six sigma green belt, Kanban and ITIL
- GROL- FCC Radio, Microwave and Radar Licenses (lifetime) PG00030662 with hands on and as manager. Cisco Networking Academy CCNA completion via Accredited College Courses
- CSM Certified ScrumMaster, PMP Certification, Sourcing certified, security cleared
BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY SKILLS:
- Telecom, Materials, Mech., Elec., Packaging, PCB, UHF, VHF, Fiber & Lasers
- DSx, OCx and WDM plus communication experience, Optics, Cameras and Sensors
- Migrations, SE PLM, ITIL v3 foundation, Solaris, Enterprise Data Center, Linux
- MS 2008 R2, Embedded C Coding, Basic, Oracle, Big Data, Storage systems practices,
- Significant International business (supply chain travel) to Europe & Asia, global sourcing across multi-tiered worldwide supplier
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Sr. Graduate # 02093474
- PMP Project Management Professional, # 01873864. Scrum Alliance Member