Innovator with over 10 years experience driving revenues and increasing brand awareness through digital and mobile strategies by developing strategic partnerships, capitalizing on emerging mobile and social media technologies, acquiring valuable content and setting up strategic distribution channels.
Extensive experience in Product Development, Software Engineering and Quality Assurance. High-energy leader known for quickly solving engineering problems and delivering results.
Over 4 years experience preparing and evaluating companies for private equity or venture capital financing. Founded an investment association connecting Southern California businesses with venture funding.
Exceptional negotiator. World speaker on digital strategy, technology and fund-raising.
* The largest team managed: 17 people.
* The most challenging team managed: Current team. UK, India, US coverage. Communication is key in any management role.
* Fun project: REST API for Internet of Things
* Strongest languages: Java, C++, C.
* Track Latest technology trends: Meetup, hackathons, and classes (both peer an web based).
* The largest budget managed: $5MM.
* Largest fund-raise for a project: $15MM.
Skills: Private Equity, Revenue Models, Business Models, Digital Strategy, Strategic Partnerships, New Business Development, Scrum, Agile, SDLC, Product Development, Engineering Management, Remote and distributed teams, Mobile, Startups, REST, Web Services, Java, Internet of Things
Flexeye, Director of Engineering
December 2010 - Present, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Reports to CTO to lead all Cross Platform Java Engine development. Oversee 6 employees: 5 in UK and 1 in India.
• Oversee, Architect and Design 2 major engine Technology Strategy Board projects: IOT (Internet of Things) – Interoperability via JSON and SASSI (Smart Asset/Smart Security Integration) – secure-cloud based smart-data object.
• Extending Flexeye Engine Architecture for secure-cloud based data, smart-data objects, mobile applications, UI/UX capability, enhanced data/model/UI visualization and editing capability.
• Hands-on architect, design and implement several major product enhancements in Java:
+ Named Formatters - displays/edits date and number formats in the web app UI that is user-defined within the AWT console.
+ Dynamic Principals – during a pre-session, creates a user before an authentication request is made. Configured via the AWT console.
+ Restful API with JSON for Internet of Things - Create GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data handlers.
• Responsible for 2 engine point releases that added $500K in new sales.
• Create Agile/Scrum user stories and product backlog for Java engine development.
• Responsible for Product Roadmap and Product releases.
• Research current trends, emerging technologies, competitive products and features for evaluation and inclusion into the product roadmap and product architecture.
• 20% Increase software department productivity by improving software processes. Introduced new communication (join.me/Google Hangouts) and productivity tools (Gravity/Lucid Charts).