Akeloe Facey has over 10 years of experience in the software development industry, specializing in the planning, execution and management of full life-cycle projects; quality control and assurance; risk monitoring/controlling, making appropriate recruitments, audits and program analysis. Perform and manage various IT related projects in the private and public sector. In the public sector, Mr. Facey has worked with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agencies such as the Office of Chief Information Office (OCIO), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and United States Visitor and Immigrant Status Indicator Technology (US-VISIT). Liaison with: team managers, designers, programmers, planners, developers, testers, finance and installation teams.
Ipreo, Scrum Master
February 2016 - Present, Raleigh, North Carolina, US
Provide Scrum Master support for the Ipreo organization.
AT&T, Agile Project Manager
September 2015 - January 2016, Durham, NC, US
Provide Project Manager/ Scrum Master support for the AT&T Development & Operations (DevOps) team intheir ongoing effort to develop innovative solutions for the Service Assurance Centers.
- Facilitate daily coordinated meetings, sprint planning sessions, backlog groomingsessions, and sprint retrospectives.
- Manage more than 5 development efforts of 4-6 staff members each.
- Led a successful effort in migrating the organization from their previous projectmanagement system to Atlassian JIRA.oThe team supports over 50 applications and needed a tool that was bothuser-friendly and would allow them to properly organize their work item list intosprints/releases. This was a 5 month coordinated effort between the projectmanagers and developers of various teams.
- Created a customized Agile approach for the organization that suited their business needs
- Function as an Agile coach in helping team members to better understand Agile valuesprinciples; and also empowered the teams to become more self-organized and self-directing.
NCI, Scrum Master
April 2014 - August 2015, , US
Provided Scrum Master support for the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in their ongoing effort to develop information systems tofacilitate the regulation of interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire,satellite and cable in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories. I led more than 4 development teams of 5-7 staff members each. Each project averaged between $300K – $1M.
Blue Water Federal, Project Manager
May 2013 - January 2014, Washington DC, US
Provided Scrum Master support for a government agency in their ongoing effort to plan and deliver Enterprise IT services across the organization, and specifically their ongoing effort in building a cloud-based infrastructure within secure and centralized data centers.