Eliassen Group, Technical PM/Scrum Master
August 2015 - April 2016, Dallas, Texas, United States
• Support the SDLC process using agile practices for projects and backlog items.
• Lead and support agile teams to create high level project, iteration and release plan that will carry out necessary activities to achieve project capability and deliverables.
• Manage teams/projects that leverage matrix teams in diverse locations (multiple time zones).
• Work independently and in a team environment in addition to dealing with constant change.
• Lead and facilitate product releases with various teams through standard processes.
• Effectively solving team’s problems, identify risks and issues in addition to knowing when to escalate.
• Continually evaluate to improve team’s velocity, predictability, engagement and success.
Sentari Technologies Inc, Agile Project Management Consultant
April 2015 - July 2015, Addison, Texas, United States
• Assist in the adoption of agile methodology using Scrum framework as part of the commission’s hybrid project management process.
• Work collaboratively with teams and management to identify opportunities for training.
• Coach Product Owners, Scrum Masters and Development teams to velocity as they transform to agile from waterfall and other traditional development methodologies.
• Facilitate planning sessions at various levels, including strategic planning, road-map, release, and sprint/iteration levels.
• Coach and mentor Executive/C-level leaders on the organizational value to drive implementation success and overall adoption of Agile framework
• Share agile (Scrum) best practices through informal communication and/or formal training sessions.
• Facilitate and support organization through Storming, Norming and Forming stages of various new and existing teams
• Provide leadership through hands on collaborative exercises/activities
• Guide teams in adoption and maturity of agile principles over the course of the Product lifecycle.
• Create and deliver training classes and execute knowledge sharing activities.
• Encourage teamwork and collaboration among project teams, and business partners.
• Maintain industry awareness and apply theoretical concepts in practical and actionable ways.
• Research and introduce new tools, best practices of processes, as continuous improvement methodology.
Baker Hughes, Senior BA/Scrum Master
July 2012 - February 2015, Houston, Texas, United States
• Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, and other Scrum-related meetings.
• Assist in writing User Stories, manage iterations as well as release backlogs to keep team running efficiently.
• Identify, understand and assess dependencies within iterations, releases and across other product teams.
• Test the user stories for accuracy and compliance to ensure undisputed acceptance and validation of stories to meet product performance goals.
• Coordinate with Product Owners and share with entire team, roadmap, product vision, release plan as well as schedule.
• Breakdown of epics into stories and assist Product Owners with iteration level decision making.
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress in addition to participating in the testing of the delivered vertical user stories.
• Refine release backlogs using vertical story mappings, EER Diagrams, flow charts and functional decompositions.
• Assist in the estimation of project resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Assist with maintenance, prioritization and resolution of product defects and bugs.
• Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
• Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, documents and best practices.
• Participate in established Communities of Practice across the various teams ensuring collaboration.
• Identify and remove impediments and prevent distractions.
• Facilitate discussion, conflict resolution and empower team to be self-organized.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, tasks and workflow analysis.
• Provide direction and mentoring to junior business systems analysts.
• Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to develop functional requirements.
• Collect and analyze project business requirements and transferring the same knowledge to development team.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and review the Business Requirements Documents and Functional Requirements as needed.
• Provide functional assistance to users; serve as subject matter expert for requirements, test planning and test execution for projects and enhancements in addition to obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client.
• Interface with technical team to deliver service to end customers
• Troubleshoot production issues and engage appropriate teams and individuals to address to meet customer needs.
• Work independently with users to define concepts and drive business process implementation and improvements.
• Evaluate data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys and workshops.
• Manage any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
• Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical solution.
• Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams in addition to working with product owner to understand, refine and document key requirements and acceptance criteria.
Walmart, Project Manager
September 2007 - July 2012, Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
• Developed Statements of Work and project work plans that identified and scheduled deliverables, milestones, project dependencies, and required tasks.
• Arrange meetings with project team members to ensure all members understand the scope, responsibilities, and accountabilities.
• Serve as the point person for organizational projects and manage all vendor relationships.
• Setup Project Management Office and provide advice on PMO best practice, project management methodologies, tools and techniques.
• Act in concert with project lead to continually assess project status, made decisions and took necessary actions to achieve project objectives and quality standards.
• Managed all aspects of assigned projects including detailed planning, task tracking, cost control, and quality assurance in accordance with the Professional Services Methodology.
• Developed detailed work plans, risk management plan, schedules, project estimates for cost, resource plans and status reports to layout the progression and scope of the project.
• Prioritize and coordinate deliverables and inter-dependencies among the various Wal-Mart PMO Teams.
• Responsible for ensuring accountability by the various Wal-Mart PMO’s on all aspects of the project over the entire project life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
• Communicate with Project Stakeholders, Wal-Mart PMO Functional Area leadership, Portfolio Performance Manager and Planning & Program Managers.