Ever realize that your transformation message isn't connecting? Ever get frustrated thinking, "Why don't they just get it?" Ever feel like you're losing your touch?
Here are a few books and posts worth reading:
- Spiral Dynamics Integral, by Don Beck
- Key takeaway: We need to take into account the point-in-time vMeme code for the message recipient's complex thinking so that the message is delivered in a way that resonates with the recipient.
- If you're feeling brave, check out A Theory of Everything: An Integral Vision for Business, Politics, Science and Spirituality, by Ken Wilber.
- Presence: Bringing Your Boldest Self to Your Biggest Challenges, by famous TED talker Amy Cuddy
- Key takeaway: Even thinking about one's posture in a power position can improve communication.
- Organizational Culture and Leadership, by Edgar H. Schein
- Key takeaway: "Culture islands," which are created through the use of checklists, can unlock new behaviors.
- Change the Culture, Change the Game: The Breakthrough Strategy for Energizing Your Organization and Creating Accountability for Results, by Roger Connors and Tom Smith
- Key takeaway: To change one's belief's, one must change one's experiences. Changing beliefs is metaphorically the Holy Grail of transformation.
I hope the content of these books works for you like it works for me. In particular, Spiral Dynamics Integral
can be the difference between failure and muddling through. There is no fairy dust, but finding the right transformation tools for the context is crucial.
Coming soon: An integrative approach to Agile transformation. "I am the change. The change starts with me; the last mile is with me."