Mentoring is the art of transmitting knowledge to others so that they can achieve results - See more at: https://stage-kentico.scrumalliance.org/cms/getdoc/660e0ac1-e65c-4933-8c7f-e727a5596a93/Coaching-and-Mentoring.aspx?viewmode=3&showpanel=1&lang=en-US&langobjectlifetime=request#sthash.Ppi3zo17.dpuf
Mentoring is the art of transmitting knowledge to others so that they can achieve results. CEC and CTC applications require evidence of mentoring.
What are we looking for?
The most important aspect of your CTC or CEC application is your articulation of your self-awareness. We want to know how well you understand your thinking and how well you can explain it.
As a leader in the international Agile coaching community, we expect our Certified Coaches to explain how we work:
- To clients when we advertise, sell, or price our services
- To internal coaches in the organizations we work with, so that they learn to do what we do
Mentoring relationships are most helpful for your application when they demonstrate:
- A long-term relationship with some sort of commitment on both sides
- A peer-to-peer relationship or one with a senior coach
- The knowledge you gained in terms of coaching, and your awareness of your coaching (not training)
- How you learned something rather than what you learned
To demonstrate your experience as a mentor:
Find a CTC Mentor here
- Tell us what your client learned and what you learned, as well as how both of you learned
- Tell us how you know that your client applied their learning successfully or not