KATHRYN DUNDAS, PMP, CSM San Diego County, CA 92028  ... Read More
KATHRYN DUNDAS, PMP, CSM
San Diego County, CA 92028 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE and SUMMARY
· OBJECTIVE: SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER or IT MANAGEMENT position
· Over 20 Years in Managing Projects, IT Systems Development, Networking, Helpdesk, and Operations
· Project Management SDLC experience including iterative (Agile / Scrum) and waterfall methodologies
· Results driven through effective communication and collaboration, leadership and organizational skills
· Small to large scale global implementations using SAP, Oracle, LIMS, Microsoft, E-Commerce
· Experience in Fortune 100 companies including Pharma., Healthcare, Medical Devices, Finance, Defense
· Continual pursuit of best practices, new technologies, and maximizing business value approach to projects
CERTIFICATIONS / AWARDS
Project Management Professional PMP Certification, 2010
Certified Scrum Master CSM, 2010
ITIL Foundations V3 Service Best Practices Certification, 2010
“Leadership Award” from Smithsonian Institute for SAP Demand, Supply, Finance Systems Implementation
“Achievement Excellence Award” from Department of Energy for Automating Supply Chain Systems
Masters of Management degree, University of Redlands, 1995, GPA 3.85
Bachelors Information Systems degree, Univ. South Florida, 1986, Magna Cum Laude 3.95
Solid Foundations Ventures Corporation, San Diego, CA 2006 to Present
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
· Implemented Financial systems including SaaS, real-time expense and income tracking, and electronic links to banks and vendors (enabled same day month end financial close and reporting). Provided real-time financial reports for senior management to improve decision making.
· Developed Customer Relationship Management systems to increase revenues and customer responsiveness. System included tracking all customer communication, problems and follow up, and measuring customer satisfaction.
· Created dashboards for key financial information to continually assess the business portfolio effectiveness. From this dashboard key decisions were made to divest of acquired businesses that were less profitable.
· Lead a business project to evaluate company assets and significantly increase revenue streams through changing the use of the assets and the revenue model.
· Created strategic vendor alliances, and managed vendor negotiations and contracts.
· Managed the Information Technology and Systems for Solid Foundations.
· Participated in board meetings to develop a strategic plan with key stakeholders.
· Researched and recommended IT Technology businesses with emerging technologies and best practices for company acquisition or investment.
Guidant Corporation, Temecula, CA 1992 To 2005
CUSTOMER SERVICE & DISTRIBUTION CHANGE DIRECTOR / PROJECT LEADER
· Reengineered the Order Fulfillment through Distribution functions. Directly involved to redesign the business process, add value for the customer, design systems to support these processes, and retool the skill sets of the organization. Solutions included E-Commerce, centralized off-site distribution center, service level agreements and measures, partnerships with Manufacturing, Marketing and Sales, establishing Demand Process Owners, and system upgrades to support best practices.
o Increased revenues 5% through e-commerce, reduced delivery lead time, and inventory availability.
o Reengineered failing Customer Service Department; improved Customer Service from customer ranking of 7th in the market to “best in class”.
o Improved order-to-ship quality from 1 to 6 sigma.
o Reduced shipping time and costs $2 million annually through process and quality improvements
· Developed a customer (hospital) inventory management system to manage consigned field inventory globally.
o Saved $15 million in excess inventory and obsolescence reductions.
o Increased product availability to customers through regional inventory sharing.
· Project Leader to create and produce an off-site company-wide annual Customer Awareness Event to link business activities to external end customers. Global sites were linked into the event and employees educated on how to add business value in their individual roles.
SAP SENIOR PROJECT LEADER
· Served as Project Leader (ACS) and Program Director (Guidant) for a global $25 million program to implement an SAP system in 13 countries and 3 companies. Functions included Financial Planning and Analysis, Sales Analysis, Order Fulfillment, Supply Chain Operations, and Sales Field Support. Projects included off-the-shelf software configurations, customized reporting and interfaces, infrastructure and network implementations. Hands on project management experience of the entire systems development life cycle in the first releases (ACS, Europe). Work included defining project charters, work breakdowns, timetables, and coaching teams. Facilitated “as is” and “should be” process maps, and researched best practices and new technologies to best enterprise processes for the business. Project delivered on-time, within budget and met business objectives (including project ROI 2.25 years). As a result of this project:
o Reduced global monthly financial close from 6 weeks to 3 days globally; improving decision making
o Enabled millions in cost reductions in Manufacturing inventory and consigned inventory through daily online sales availability
· Designed a Data Warehouse that would enable customer business intelligence reporting of sales information and trends. Data was extracted nightly, and reduced the load off the transaction processing system. Users were thrilled to have easy access to quality information for end user reporting systems.
INFORMATION SYSTEMS DIRECTOR
· Directed an IT organization of up to 89 staff, $18 million annual budget and additional capital budgets. Included IT project management, change management, systems development and infrastructure, security management, network management, data management, business continuity, environmental management and quality assurance.
· Developed an annual Strategic Plan to support business growth and profitability
· Implemented a global WAN network. Implemented standard applications for the LAN. Worked with key stakeholders to implement a plan to enable a positive company adoption and acceptance of a standardized network; significant change for those operating independent silos of information technology. Assisted with cultural change management through training, and providing value across the network.
o Voluntary adoption achieved within one year; centralized and standardized.
· Designed and implemented an IT system for problem tracking through resolution, change requests and IT backlog. System was implemented on-time, within budget and achieved the following results:
o Through problem tracking, analysis, and prevention improvements, reduced problems reported 50%.
o Increased quality of IT service delivery from 89% to 99%.
· Designed and implemented a custom Document Control system to management manufacturing and engineering documentation and ensure FDA compliance.
o System streamlined manufacturing processes and improved quality.
· Built an IT Training and Testing Center to train users in-house on new applications, and to develop more expertise and self-sufficiency on the use of IT and systems.
o Training center developed employees and training was considered a “perk”.
o Applications support was reduced as business subject matter and system experts were developed.
· Responsible for recruitment, hiring and development of staff. Received Senior Staff recognition for developing key talent as two of my staff reports became Directors, and one became Vice President.
· Featured speaker at SAP, Oracle and Sun conferences.
· Last two years consultant to Guidant business departments for process improvements.
ACS and IVAC Corporation, San Diego, CA 1986 To 1991
DATA CENTER CUSTOMER SYSTEMS PROJECT LEADER / MGR
· Project Manager for designing a security analysis and reporting system to effectively manage security.
· Developed a data warehouse for Sales Analysis to enable targeted global Sales planning.
· Lead a team of people to represent customer needs to Data Center Management by establishing key business partnerships and active account management planning.
· Established Data Center service levels agreements and measures, increasing customer satisfaction.
General Electric, Defense Division (DOE), FL 1980 To 1985
PROJECT MANAGER / DEVELOPER
· Designed, selected and implemented first online network which included managing infrastructure projects.
· Automated the materials and manufacturing system to support the supply chain.
o Project was given an “Achievement Award” by the Department of Energy for the value it delivered.
o Reduced costs annually $5 million, enabled contract compliance, and facilitated decision making.
· Developed a Document Control Database System that enabled a customizable way for organizations to manage unstructured data.
o Completed system was accepted as a product by GE Calma and bundled with CAD systems.
· Information Systems Instructor for their Top “Excellence in Management” Training Program.
Kathryn hasn't listed any work history yet.
No recent activity
events i’m attending
Kathryn has no upcoming events.
events i've attended
groups i belong to
Kathryn has no groups listed.
|Location:||San Diego, CA|