My background is in project management coupled with business & process analysis with more than 20 years of international experience at top... Read More
My background is in project management coupled with business & process analysis with more than 20 years of international experience at top tier companies like Nortel, Ford and Xerox at different roles.
More recently I carried out short term mandates at Bell, Standard Life and IBM, extending ITIL standards into the telecom domain while combining traditional and Scrum best practices to fulfill stakeholders’ goals for projects
Project manager professional and business consultant with 25+ years of experience working for global organisations in different industries and a successful track record counselling clients in Mexico, Canada and eastern USA, demonstrating strengths in the following areas:
- Principal owner at Solutions Delivery www.solutions-delivery.com Montréal, QC 2006_up to date
- Project management & business analysis consultant for various clients in Ontario and Québec, ensuring clients’ satisfaction by building partnerships and proviing the right solutions :
IBM Global Services
Xerox Global Services
Standard Life Canada
Schneider Electric (Mexico)
Project Management Global Solutions Inc.
Digital Advertising Inc.
Provincial Government of Quebec
- Program manager, National Agency for Public Security (Federal Government of Mexico) 2002 – 2005
- Conducted national security projects in a business environment of political & complex outsourcing
- Business Planner & Project manager, Nortel Networks (Mexico, Toronto, Dallas) 1996 - 2002
- Project managed a wide array of initiatives overlooking supply chain operations under NAFTA framework
• Business Planner, Xerox Corporation, Mexico and Rochester (NY) 1992 – 1996
- Operations management and support for new products introduction, handling corporate relationships as they pertained to projects assigned and dealt with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Treasury analyst & Project Lead, American Express Co., Mexico and Miami (FL) 1990 – 1992
- Managed foreign exchange operations in a timely, cost effective and efficient manner in accordance with legal, tax and corporate requirements
• Team Leader_Supply Chain, Ford Motor Co., Mexico and Dearborn (MI) 1987 – 1990
- Local prime for all import – export activities of two manufacturing plants in central Mexico
Academic Background & Credentials
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Mexico’s Autonomous Institute of Technology (ITAM, Mexico) 1982 – 1986
- Major: International commerce & finance
- Thesis: Impact of effective protection over foreign direct investment
• Master in Business, Monterrey Institute of Technology & Higher Education (ITESM, Monterrey) 1989 - 1992
- Major: Corporate finance and planning
• Graduate degree in Operations Management, McGill University (Montréal, QC) 2006 – 2008
• IT Project Management program, George Washington University (Washington /Ottawa) 2007
• Certified Scrum Master, ScrumAlliance Inc. USA 2009
• Certified Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute (PMI), USA 2007
Joel hasn't listed any work history yet.
No recent activity
events i’m attending
Joel has no upcoming events.
events i've attended
groups i belong to
Joel has no groups listed.