Ildiko M. von Ruden, PMP, CSM Springfield, VA Experienced Program/Project Manager with expertise in managing software and system development, web... Read More
Ildiko M. von Ruden, PMP, CSM
Experienced Program/Project Manager with expertise in managing software and system development, website development, and IT projects through all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· PMP Certified Project Manager and Certified Scrum Master (CSM) with 6 years of Project
· Management/Business Analyst experience in Information Technology, 4 years of consulting experience
· Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies – Scrum, Lean, XP
· Instructor of PMP Exam Preparation Workshop and Agile Project Management courses
· Program/Project Management, managed $3-5M/year budgets, and 20+ people
· Demonstrated ability to deliver technical projects on schedule and within budget
· Expert in Project Planning, Scope Definition, Requirements Management, WBS, Schedule Development, Resource Planning/Estimation, Budget, Risk, Quality, Change Management, Communication Plans, Performance Reporting, Release Management, Client Management, Contract Management
· Managed web development projects requiring Section 508 compliance
· Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS) criteria
· Developed PMO standards and processes. Experience in process and quality improvement.
· Iterative Software Development, Rational Unified Process (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML)
· Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering and Documentation, Flow Charts, Use Cases
· Understanding of testing methodologies and best practices, participated in QA and UA Testing
· Healthcare, Health Insurance, Retail, Title Insurance, Real Estate/Mortgage, Education, Government
SOFTWARE AND SYSTEMS
CERTIFICATIONS & SPECIAL STUDIES
2009 Earned Value Workshop, Reston, VA
2009 Certified Scrum Master, Scrum Alliance, Reston, VA
2007 Kaizen Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, Orange, CA
2006 PMP Certification, PMI Project Management Institute, Irvine, CA
2003 Fundamentals of Applied Information Systems Certificate, UC Irvine, CA
2003 Documenting and Analyzing User Requirements, UC-Irvine, CA
2002 System Analysis I course, Learning Tree University, Costa Mesa, CA
2000 Project Management courses, GAP Inc., San Bruno, CA
2000 Internet Business Specialist Certification courses, San Jose State University, CA
MA, Science of Creative Intelligence, MI University, Fairfield, Iowa
Certificate in Foreign Trade, Foreign Trade College, Kecskemet, Hungary
MA, English and Russian, Janus Pannonius University, Pecs, Hungary
BA, Humanities, English and Russian, Katona Jozsef College, Kecskemet, Hungary
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP: Project Management Institute (PMI), Washington DC Chapter, Program Management Office SIG, International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA), Agile Alliance, Scrum Alliance, Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (AACE)
Agile Project Management Instructor, Reston, VA, Aug 2008 – March 2009
· Developed Project Management courses on Traditional and Agile project management methodology.
· Taught “Agile Project Management with Scrum” course at Northern Virginia Community College.
· Course included Agile Methods, Key Agile Principles and Practices, History of Scrum, Scrum Process and Framework, Scrum Roles, Collaborative Teams, Conflict Resolution Techniques, Agile Planning, Prioritization Techniques, Release and Sprint Planning, Sprint Backlog, Burndown Charts, Scrum Meeting, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, Scaling Scrum, Implementing Scrum
Group Director, XPAND Corporation, Reston, VA, Feb 2008 – Aug 2008
· Program Manager for the CareerOneStop (COS) website development and technical support services contract for the US Department of Labor (DOL) www.careeonestop.org
· The COS program included CareerOneStop Portal, America Service Locator, America Career Information Network, Career Voyages, and Competency Model Clearinghouse website development.
· Acted as primary point of contact for the Customers (DOL, MNDEED, and MNSCU).
· Responsible for managing the program to meet technical, cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
· Provided leadership and guidance to 3 Project Managers and 25 technical resources.
· Responsible for development of staff, performance evaluations, mentoring, and recruiting.
· Established project management standards, developed templates, facilitated process improvements.
· Provided status reports and gave presentations to stakeholders on scope, deliverables, schedule, budget, risk, and quality. Performed risk identification, analysis, and mitigation activities.
· Developed and reviewed project plans, schedules, resource estimates, managed issues and risks.
· Directed and managed web development/content management/web redesign projects through all phases of the software development life cycle.
· Facilitated requirements definition with clients, design, development, testing, release management, operations and maintenance activities.
· Implemented and utilized Agile/Scrum framework and provided training to resources.
· As Change Management Board member, reviewed and approved/rejected change requests, provided technical assessment and input. Assisted in creating and implementing a formal Change Management process via SharePoint.
· Participated in Business Development activities to win additional federal contracts.
· ACHIEVEMENTS: Implemented Agile Software Development with Scrum framework and provided training to resources. Delivered projects on schedule and within budget. Enhanced team productivity and improved customer satisfaction.
Sr. Project Manager, Nov 2006 – Dec 2007
Word & Brown Insurance Administrators, Inc., Project Management Office (PMO), Orange, CA
· Assisted Director of PMO in the development and implementation of PMO policies and processes.
· Participated in optimization of IT resource utilization across multiple projects and operational work.
· Core team member of Kaizen Lean Six Sigma team responsible for software development process improvement to reduce costs, enhance productivity, and improve customer satisfaction.
· Interfaced with project sponsors and business units to define requirements, prioritize projects and report progress.
· Prepared portfolio and operational status reports/dashboards to executives and project stakeholders.
· Managed website development projects, led a team of BAs, Architect, Developers, and QA Analysts.
· Coordinated operational work and strategized with teams to identify and resolve technical issues.
· Utilized the Agile/Scrum framework and provided training to PMs, IT Teams, and Managers.
· Applied advanced PM knowledge and delivered projects on schedule, within scope and budget.
· Created project documentation including SOW, Project Charter, WBS, Project Plan, Project Schedule, Issues log, Meeting Notes, Risk Management Plan, Release/Sprint Plan, Product/Sprint Backlog.
· Improved Request Tracker process flow resulting in enhanced productivity and efficiency.
· Coordinated QA testing, User Acceptance testing, training, and production implementation.
· ACHIEVEMENTS: Implemented Risk Management and Project Retrospective processes. Provided training to Project Managers and IT Teams in SCRUM. Participated in software development process improvements resulting in reduced cost, higher productivity, and improved customer satisfaction.
Sr. Business Analyst, Jun 2006 – Nov 2006
Word & Brown Insurance Administrators, Inc., Product Management Department, Orange, CA
· Gathered, analyzed, and documented business requirements for website enhancement and redesign projects.
· Created Product Requirement Document (PRD) and Functional Specifications Document (FSD).
· Collaborated with Project Managers, to obtain LOE, and estimation to be used for ROI calculation.
· Participated in meetings with Business Units, Product Management Department, and PMO
· Acted as a liaison for Business, Product Development, PMO, Development, and Operational teams.
· Participated in QA and User Acceptance Testing. Created Training documents for Users.
· ACHIEVEMENTS: Created a Use Case template and simplified the business requirements template.
Study for the PMP Certification, Irvine, CA, Mar 2005 - May 2006
· Studied for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification test.
· Taught stress reduction and yoga classes through the City of Irvine.
· Passed the PMP test and received the Project Management Professional certification from PMI.
Project Manager/Sr. Business Analyst, Jan 2003 - Feb 2005
Data Trace (First American Corporation), Application and Product Development, Anaheim, CA
· Managed a complex system development and website development project from initiation to closing.
· Project included electronic and manual data capture, document imaging, data entry, developing 14 applications, modifying existing billing application and integrating the new service into the company’s title and tax information system.
· Implemented Project Management methodology and utilized supporting tools and techniques.
· Managed and motivated 16 geographically distributed project team members (US and India)
· Developed project plans and schedules, performed resource, duration, and cost estimation, created meeting minutes, issues log, facilitated escalation and resolution of issues, created forecasts.
· Coordinated hardware and software purchases and server installation. Performed subcontractor management, reviewed schedule, monitored and controlled web development project.
· Conducted project meetings, facilitated requirements definition, analysis, and review.
· Monitored performance and provided weekly project status reports to executives and stakeholders.
· Acted as a liaison between Development teams, IT teams, and Business Units.
· Elicited, analyzed, and documented business requirements. Created process flow and UML diagrams.
· Coordinated database loading, system/integration testing, QA, user acceptance testing, and deployment.
· Volunteered to participate in user acceptance testing.
Project Coordinator, May 2001 - Aug 2002
PacifiCare Health Systems, IS Communications and Service Level Management, Cypress, CA
IBM Global Services, Project Management Office, Cypress, CA
· Participated in the Service Quality Metrics Re-engineering project including data capturing, data analysis, Excel formula review, pivot tables, lookup tables, process fine-tuning, and re-engineering of the base-line process to capture outage data and outage impact.
· Assisted with preparation of monthly reports on the performance of critical business applications, response time, and critical processes.
· Documented business processes and procedures, created process and data flow diagrams.
· Analyzed system outages, created system outage and performance degradation trend reports for the Executive Team.
· Tested IS Customer Survey database and provided recommendations for improvements.
· Conducted training for new staff member and transitioned the Service Quality Metrics process to IBM Global Services. Associate IT Project Administrator/Business Analyst, Mar 2000 - Feb 2001 GAP Inc., International IT Department, San Bruno, CA · Provided administrative support to Project Managers in medium and large-scale IT projects such as Server Reconstruction, Store Configuration, Direct Clearance Center, and Sourcing Office.
· Conducted training for new staff member and transitioned the Service Quality Metrics process to IBM Global Services.
Associate IT Project Administrator/Business Analyst, Mar 2000 - Feb 2001
GAP Inc., International IT Department, San Bruno, CA
· Provided administrative support to Project Managers in medium and large-scale IT projects such as Server Reconstruction, Store Configuration, Direct Clearance Center, and Sourcing Office.
Ildiko hasn't listed any work history yet.
No recent activity