Slavko Licina M.Eng, CSM168 Signal Ridge Link SWCalgary, AB T3H 2J9Tel. (B): 403.775.3033Tel. (C): 403.461.6783E-mail: email@example.comPROFILE:A resu... Read More
Slavko Licina M.Eng, CSM
168 Signal Ridge Link SW
Calgary, AB T3H 2J9
Tel. (B): 403.775.3033
Tel. (C): 403.461.6783
A results-oriented professional with over twenty years experience in all aspects of the system development life cycle. This experience is complimented with effective organizational and problem-solving skills combined with a strong work ethic.
AREAS OF STRENGTH:
- Business requirements gathering and gap analysis, business process mapping and impact documentation, estimating client change requests, making decisions and recommendations on system issues, coordinating and managing project activities, interfacing with business user groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Throughout career able to build positive and strong relationship with both clients and peers. These skills enabled positive team collaboration on SCRUM projects.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work, multitask and perform under pressure (simultaneous projects)
- Scrum Master and Project Manager on several Agile projects (XP, SCRUM) in both Java related technologies and Microsoft .NET
D-Zine Consulting Inc (Owner)
Client: TransCanada Pipelines
Project: GSAM AMS
Period: April 2008 - Current
- Business Systems Analyst supporting critical GSAM application in complex VMS environment, using Natural 1.4 and 2.1 running ADABAS.
- Acted as BA and PM providing with planning, scheduling and estimating for systems enhancements and project work, as well as day to day support problems.
- Provided training, guidance and coaching to junior and new staff
Client: Water Polo Canada
Project: Electronic Newsletter
Period: June 2008 - Current
- Gathered and documented business requirements
- Managed project from end-to-end using Agile methodology
- Provided required training to end user
- Delivered easy to use, web based tool for creation of electronic newsletter and blogging to Water Polo Canada
Period: May 2005 - April 2008
Role: Senior Business Analyst / IS Project Manager
- Most recently working as Senior Business Analyst for Commercial and Industrial business on several initiatives: Contract Management System, Customer Web Portal (Self-Service), Gas Settlement. Creating change request evaluation documents outlining high level business requirements, cost estimate and business benefits. As a part of the project team, mostly using Agile, maintaining backlog with product owner and writing story cards for use by development team.
- Successfully promoted corporate solution (customer web enrolment and contract management) to the client business group.
- Business Analyst / Project manager for Customer Enrolment and Contract Management project (Agile) delivered on time and under budget. Estimate by Corporate Architect was that this implementation saved close to 1 million dollars over 5 years in IT cost only.
- Scrum Master / Project manager for BC Residential Market Entry project valued over $350,000
- Business Analyst / Project manager for BC Marketing Web Portal and Customer Online Signup
- Project manager / Scrum Master for Pan-Canadian Offer Codes
- Business Systems Analyst for Alberta customer contracts renewals. Gathered and documented business functional requirements and business processes.
- Business Analyst supporting Sales and Marketing department with process modeling and use case / story cards development on multiple initiatives and projects involving third party vendors, service providers and project team spread in several cities and countries
Enmax Encompass / Accenture Business Services for Utilities
Period: May 2001 - May 2005
Role: Senior Business Analyst
- As a project business analyst gathered business requirements, mapped business processes and documented impacts, estimated client change requests, made decisions and recommendations on system issues, acted as subject matter expert on the number of projects.
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the mass market and small commercial billing system (Banner), the large commercial - time of use billing system (MV-PBS) and related systems (MV-Star, MV-Web, MV-RS) and interfaces.
- Defined process flows and determined automation opportunities
- Analyzed, mapped, documented and re-engineered business processes using ARIS modeling tool
- Created Activity and Sequence diagrams using UML
- As a member of senior IT team responsible to bring Rational Unified Process and iterative development in-house. This was abandoned after IT shop has outsourced to Accenture.
- Coaching less experienced Business Analysts staff
DMR Consulting Group Inc. (now Fujitsu Consulting)
Client: Utilicorp (UNC or Fortis)
Project: Production Support
Period: March 2001 - May 2001
Role: Senior Systems Analyst
- Work close with business user to identify immediate needs and resolve urgent issues
- Help defining Change Requests and getting them reviewed and approved
- Work with development team on developing solution to the problem and to performer unit/system tests
Project: Object Oriented Services Group
Period: March 2000 - March 2001
Roles: Systems Architect / Team Lead / Project Manager / Java Developer / Career Manager
- A member of the OO Services Group trained in object-oriented analysis and design and in Java related technologies.
- As a team member on the Competency Profile project participated in Object-Oriented design using Visio and UML. Developed dynamic web content using Java, JSP, Java Beans, Servlets, MS-Access, etc.
- Part of a small team that gathered system requirements, analyzed, designed and developed part of n-tier, distributed system, Distribution List Service and Directory Service components using OOAD techniques, Paradigm-Plus, UML, Fast Cycle, Java, JNDI, LDAP, XML, XML-RPC, eXtreme Programming and other.
- Team lead for the IT Technical Training project. Worked with customers and systems programmers to identify needs and develop specifications. Tasks include project management, object-oriented software design, programming, team coaching and work with testing and software release groups. This was partially new development, partially existing system refactoring using Java, HTML, Dreamweaver, JAYDOH framework, JDBC, Sybase and has been deployed in Solaris/iPlanet environment.
Client: AFSC (Alberta Financial Services Corporation)
Period: January 2000 - March 2000
Roles: QA Coordinator / Career Manager
- Involved in all aspects of QA process including developing and writing test plans, scenarios and scripts, executed tests, regression testing and verification.
- Responsible for testing Envoy application in both GUI, reporting and the relational database (tables) issues.
- Worked closely with developers and programmers.
- Reported, documented, re-tested and followed-up on software discrepancies logged in the ‘Verification Test Group Report’ document.
Project: GSAM Y2K Risk Assessment Analysis
Period: November 1999 - January 2000
Roles: QA Analyst / Career Manager
- Responsible for Quality Assurance of all changes to GSAM application since Y2K conversion implementation (February 1999).
- Responsible for creating documentation cross-referencing service requests and modules with the level of Y2K risk that the changes to the modules might pose.
Project: Emergency Response Compensation
Period: May 1999 - October 1999
Roles: Systems Architect / Development Team Lead / Career Manager
- As a member of the Information System Architecture group on Emergency Response Compensation project (ERC) participated in workshops with clients addressing issues and finding optimal solutions.
- Using Macroscope for Generic Development Path responsible for creation of System Architecture and Release Design and Construction phase documentation.
- Responsible for design of system and integration test plans.
- Acted as a development team leader.
- Provided guidance and coaching to developers.
Project: GSAM AMS
Period: September 1998 - May 1999
Role: Lead Application Maintenance Analyst
- Lead Application Maintenance Analyst supporting critical GSAM application in complex VMS environment, using Natural 1.4 and 2.1 running ADABAS.
- Fixed production problems for applications when required, ensuring system availability on a 7x24 basis by participating in on-call pager rotation.
- Maintained systems as required by Service Level Agreements, following AMS methodology and defined practices.
- Provided planning, scheduling and estimates for enhancements and project work, as well as day to day support problems.
- Provided training, guidance and coaching to junior and new practitioners.
Client: AFSC (Alberta Financial Services Corporation)
Project: FAMIS - Y2K Conversion
Period: May 1998 - September 1998
Role: Senior Conversion Lead Analyst
- Year 2000 code conversion & testing deliverables. Acted as a lead Y2K conversion analyst. Tracked performance using the Technical Deliverables Tracking Report.
- Provided support to the AFSC System Test team and to Technical Support (DBA).
- Provided guidance and coaching to junior staff.
The City of Calgary
Period: December 1997 - May 1998
Role: Automation Analyst - Team Lead
- Responsible for a team of four Automation Technicians working on installation and maintenance of operations automation software packages mainly IBM and Computer Associates products such as DFSMS/MVS, RMM, TLMS, CA-DISPATCH, JOBTRAC, RUNTRAC, OPS etc.
Period: September 1994 - December 1997
Role: Programmer Analyst
- As a Programmer Analyst, part of the team responsible for the creation, development, implementation and maintenance of UCIS (Utility Customers Information System) application (300.000 customers), batch and on-line.
- Oversaw and participated in maintenance and development of billing subsystem that includes batch stream that produces 15000 bills each night and on-line bill printing for customer service and cashiers area.
- Created documentation, training manuals and training sessions for the users.
- Gathered business requirements and wrote detailed program specs.
Various Companies, Former Yugoslavia
Period: May 1985 - February 1993
Roles: Programmer Analyst / Systems Analyst / Systems Architect / Project Leader / IT Manager
- High School for Applied Mathematics and Information Technology, Zagreb, Croatia, 1978
- M.Eng. in Civil Engineering, University of Zagreb, Croatia, 1984
Slavko hasn't listed any work history yet.
No recent activity
events i’m attending
Slavko has no upcoming events.
events i've attended
groups i belong to
Slavko has no groups listed.