What Is a Certified Scrum Coach?
Certified Scrum Coaches (CSCs) are experts in Scrum, both in theory and in practice. They have an in-depth understanding of the practices and principles of Scrum and have real experience on actual Scrum projects. As such, Certified Scrum Coaches play a vital role within the Scrum Alliance, bringing Scrum out of the classroom and into your world of work.
Why Do I Need a Certified Scrum Coach?
A coach can guide you in learning the new team patterns for increased collaboration and high performance that Scrum requires. A Certified Scrum Coach understands how Scrum impacts leadership and team member responsibilities. Sweeping organizational change doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't come without some pain. A coach can help make it easier.
What's blocking your team and organization?
- Does your ScrumMaster need a mentor?
- Does your Product Owner need help learning how to work with a product backlog?
- Are you having trouble breaking sprint backlog items into task lists?
- Are your sprints consistently ending with unfinished work?
- Is estimating so hard that your sprint planning lasts beyond its timebox?
- Does your management underestimate the scope of organizational change necessary for Scrum to be successful?
- Are you facing challenges with multi-team Scrum projects?
- Is your organization having difficulty implementing the Scrum framework in conjunction with other methodologies?
- Is the team encountering obstacles with organizational impediments?
- Does your organization need coaching and guidance on scaling Scrum?
Our coaches have encountered all of these issues and more. A good coach understands that while the Scrum framework seems simple, the implementation requires advanced skills and new mindsets. A CSC can help you and your company navigate the difficult process of becoming an agile organization that uses the Scrum framework to get work done. Download a recently commissioned whitepaper, including detailed case studies about real-life organizations that found coaching helpful for their success.
Why Should I Choose a CSC?
A Certified Scrum Coach has proven success at guiding organizations through the challenges of Scrum adoption. A CSC has:
- experience with multiple organizations
- skills to guide organizational change
- wide access to resources
- deep agile knowledge
- an impartial perspective