All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Each student is trained to assume the responsibilities of a ScrumMaster:
- Remove the barriers between development and the customer so the customer directly drives development;
- Teach the customer how to maximize ROI and meet their objectives through Scrum;
- Improve the lives of the development team by facilitating creativity and empowerment;
- Improve the productivity of the development team in any way possible; and,
- Improve the engineering practices and tools so each increment of functionality is potentially shippable.
Students should be familiar with small team agile methods such as Scrum, XP, or Crystal Clear. It is highly recommended that students have read one (or both) of the following books: Schwaber and Beedle's “Agile Software Development with Scrum”' or Schwaber’s “Agile Project Management with Scrum.”
As a result of successful completion of the program, each participant receives an individual license and copy of the Scrum methodology, Scrum training materials, and Scrum software. In addition, Certified ScrumMasters are authorized to participate in “open” development of the Scrum methodology and software, ensuring a growing body of knowledge from a qualified, competent group of certified professionals. They are also listed as Certified ScrumMasters on the Scrum Alliance website.
Course Length:2 days
7-8 Feb 2007
Net Objectives Bellevue Office