All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
(הקורס ינתן בעברית תוך דגש על הניסיון הנרכש שלי עם חברות ישראליות בהטמעת סקראם)
This is an interactive course (workshop) with many exercises and simulations. The goal of this course is not only covering all of Scrum technicalities, but instilling the different mindset of Scrum .
Upon a successful completion of the course, you will be certified as a Scrum Master and gain the needed basic knowledge and understanding regarding Scrum and the way it can be applied in YOUR world (future projects).
In addition, you will receive a one year membership to the ScrumAlliance.
By the end of the course you will be…:
• …getting the SCRUM spark
• …speaking SCRUMish
• …able to have fun at your workplace as well as understand the importance of it
• …learning unique planning techniques
• …forgetting your fear from a change
• …achieving more on your future projects
• …losing interest in Command & Control
• ...gaining full visibility on your future projects
• …frequently called to help others
• …thinking “It is so obvious, why didn’t I think of it?”
• …going home with a big smile…:-)
23-24 Sep 2009
Hi Tech College
Being a certified Scrum master (CSM) is the beginning of a journey. While each and every course of mine is based on the same material, each course has its own unique dynamic and sparks. Due to the fact that this is an interactive course, what you put into it is what you get out of it.
Here are the topics being covered
• The history of Agile
• Your project pains
• Scrum introduction
• Change management in Scrum
• Planning and estimation
• User stories – the right way to write them
• Roles & Responsibilities
• Day in a life of a Scrum master
• Building self maintained cross functional team
• Definition of Done
• Assimilation of scrum in a wide variety of environments
• Scaling scrum
• Negotiating skills and techniques
• The manager's role in scrum
During the course we will create a parking lot in order to ensure that each and every raised issue was covered. There are LOTs of simulation and exercises in which we are practicing day to day challenges.
Since Scrum is implemented with Scrum, the course is implemented in Scrum as well so at the end of each day we are practicing retrospectives (you may call it "lessons learned" but there is a huge different between the traditional way and the way they are performed in Scrum) and implement improvements on the very next day to ensure the highest quality possible and the best fit for the specific audience!
The course is geared towards the following people that want to become a certified Scrum masters or those who are going to work with scrum in the nearest future:
• Technical writers
• Project Managers
• Any team Member within your organization
• Any person within your organization that wants to be introduced to Scrum