Certified Scrum Product Owner
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.
September 18-19, 2008: Aarhus, Denmark
This hands-on, interactive two-day course will teach you:
- How to be an effective Product Owner
- Write User-Stories (Agile requirements)
- How to manage an Agile product throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- Agile Release planning and Tracking
Upon successful completion of this course, each participant will be enrolled as a Certified Product Owner, which includes a one-year Scrum Alliance membership, where additional ScrumMaster and Product Owner material and information is available.Attendees will be served lunch, morning and afternoon team and receive a bound copy of the training materials.
Product Owners, managers or anyone interested in Agile planning and estimating techniques.
No prior knowledge of Scrum or Agile methods is required although some prior reading is recommended. A good getting started guide can be found at http://www.scrumprimer.com
Scrum 101 refresher
- Scrum cycle, roles, planning cycle
- Research inputs
- Product Vision
- Exercise: Create a one-pager
- Customer insights; personals, field studies
- Brainstorming and affinity mapping
Gathering requirements - inputs
- Exercise: Ideas brainstorm
- Stakeholder & user interviews
- Rapid scenarios
- Scenario exercise
- Kano analysis
- Exercise: Release strategy
- Relative weighting
- Product backlog building
- Exercise: User story writing
- Story points and Ideal days
- Exercise: Planning poker estimation
- Sprint and release burndown charts
- Incremental release plans
- Timeboxed and Scopeboxed releases
- Exercise: Simulated Scrum game
- Scaling Scrum
- Agile Design
- Budgets and forecasts
- Agile contracts
About the Instructor
Gabrielle Benefield is a Certified Scrum Trainer offering courses in the United States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand through Kanjeo. Gabrielle was Senior Director of Agile Development at Yahoo! leading Yahoo!’s large-scale corporate adoption of Scrum, which now encompasses more than 200 teams projects and over 1500 employees in the US, India, Europe, and Asia. She is co-author of The Scrum Primer (www.scrumprimer.com).
Gabrielle holds a Masters of Digital Design from the University of Western Sydney, Australia and has over 16 years building enterprise software and web products at global companies. Gabrielle is a regular conference speaker presenting papers and talks on Enterprise Agile and Agile User Experience and Design.
Gabrielle provides training to a number of companies around the world and is currently based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
To Register go to:
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 14 PDUs for this course.
18-19 Sep 2008
Trifork, Margrethepladsen 4, 8000 Aarhus C
See registration details