CSM - Certified Scrum Master Training
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
- View the video introduction to scrum by our friend and fellow CST Michael James here.
- Familiarize yourself with the Scrum Overview in the Agile Atlas here.
26-27 Jan 2013
Milipitas Embassy Suites
We will run the class using scrum with four sprints spread over the two days.
Saturday Morning (Sprint 1): What is agile, what is scrum, why and when would we use them?
- Class Introduction: what makes a great project?
- Scrum Questions: what do we want to learn about scrum?
- Introduction to Agility: what is agile, how is it related to scrum?
- The Essence of Scrum: what are we trying to solve by using scrum?
Saturday Afternoon (Sprint 2): Basics of scrum, details of the roles
- Scrum Overview: the basic rules, meetings, and roles of scrum
- Product Owner Role
- Scrum Master Role
- Development Team Role
- How the roles interlock and overlap
Sunday Morning (Sprint 3): The details and reasons for the scrum rules
- Definition of Done
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Execution
- Sprint Close
Sunday Afternoon (Sprint 4): Exercises to cement scrum learning
- Optional sections as chosen by the class (scaling, distribution, parking lot questions)
- Case Studies
- Practice Test
- Case Close
- “A wise man once said that we learn best in moments of enjoyment. ...Peter Green provided a truly enjoyable two day Certified Scrum Master training course... We learned by participating in creative group exercises that only reinforces the Scrum concepts being taught. Congratulations on a job well done.” - Edmond
- “Great course & exactly what I hoped for - Peter was great!" - Sandra
- "Peter has a deep and detailed knowledge of the Agile methodologies, a rich hands on experience with Scrum and he knows what it takes for an organization to create an environment to support agile. I have experienced Peter as a great trainer and excellent workshop moderator. " - Bruno
- “Instructor (Mr. Peter Green) was great - very informative. Thank You for a great course!" - Sandhya
- "Peter is an excellent Agile trainer with a solid grasp of the underlying principles. True to the spirit of Agile, he's constantly improving his (already excellent) material, presentations and skills. He brings tremendous spirit, energy, advocacy and experience to the table." - Duane
- "I have known Peter for several years now. He has always been passionate about improving product features, design, workflow. Peter introduced Agile and Scrum to our team a few years ago. Since then, our we are able to release our product to customers much faster at higher quality. This has also improved work/life balance for employees an our team." - Norm