Taught by the Co-Creator of Scrum
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Jeff Sutherland, co-creator of Scrum and CEO of Scrum Inc., and Joe Justice, founder of WIKISPEED, are teaching a first-ever Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training course with modules on how to integrate product development across your organization.
This course will cover Scrum as it relates to manufacturing, design, marketing, human resources, finance, legal, partner/merger/acquisition teams, and more! At the class, you will learn how to be an effective Scrum Master, improve teamwork and productivity, launch new products faster than previously thought possible, and demand and receive excellence to deliver products faster with higher quality. This class is highly interactive and includes a combination of theory and hands-on exercises.
Register for this course and receive $200 off registration for our Master Session Workshop with Jeff and Joe on February 6th!
4-5 Feb 2013
This is an introductory course. Participants should come prepared with basic knowledge of the Scrum framework. We recommend that, prior to attending this course, participants read the “Agile Manifesto and Principles” (www.agilemanifesto.org and www.agilemanifesto.org/principles.html), as well as one of the following books:
• Agile Software Development with Scrum, by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle
Trainers expect attendees to participate for the full two days of the course from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Class topics include:
- Launching or re-launching a Scrum team
- Application of Scrum to specific non-software business groups
- Managing product backlogs
- Maintaining and making business decisions using a burndown chart
- Planning releases and iterations (sprints)
- Conducting sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and retrospective meetings
- Tracking and reporting progress
- Effectively applying the principles of the Agile Manifesto
No matter what your background or industry is, this Scrum Inc./SolutionsIQ Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training is a great way to get a strong start in Scrum.