Certified ScrumMaster Workshop - Austin, TX - Win an Ipad Mini
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Purpose of the Course
Leading a Scrum team is radically different than traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct, and direct, the leader of a Scrum team (called a ScrumMaster) facilitates, coaches, and leads.
The 2-day Certified ScrumMaster training provides you with the learning and experience required to lead, participate in, or sponsor Scrum initiatives in your organization. Upon passing the CSM exam, you will be recognized as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance.
Once the class sells over 10 seats all registrants will be entered to Win an iPad mini given away at the course!
At the successful completion of the workshop, you will have an understanding of how the various roles and responsibilities can be applied in the real world to your current and future projects. You will receive access to the Scrum Alliance website, and can then take the online multiple choice exam to qualify as a Certified Scrum Master. Upon successful completion of the exam you will receive a 2 year membership to the Scrum Alliance.
- Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn:
- The Scrum framework and how it differs from waterfall and other methods
- Understand the Scrummaster, Product Owner and Team roles
- Plan, initiate, and lead a Scrum project
- Create an agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
- Lead your Scrum team through Scrum meetings
- Create an environment in which self-managing teams can flourish
- Through hands-on group exercises we will keep you engaged and having fun!
ScrumMaster training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
The cost of the two-day workshop includes:
- Printed and soft copy of the course materials
- Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- The Scrum Guide
- User Story Quick Reference
- A two year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Online exam from Scrum Alliance for ScrumMaster (CSM) Certification
14-15 Jan 2013
St Edwards Professional Education Center (NW Austin)
Discounted seats available. Contact Robin Dymond for more information.
Silent Sort exercise
The Ball Points Game
Process improvement game
Lean, Agile, and Scrum
Sprint types exercise
Scrum Master Role
Working with the team
Change agent in an organization
Leadership and organizational aspects of implementing Scrum
Product Owner Role
Working with stakeholders
Responsibilities and expectations
Ideal Product Owner exercise
Timeline retrospective exercise
The Knot: a self organization simulation
Team attributes, model of formation
Common issues for Scrummasters
Product Backlog, User Stories and Agile requirements
User story writing exercise
Agile Estimating and Planning
Planning Poker exercise
What is “Done?”
Definition of done exercise
ScrumMaster training designed for the members of an organization who will lead, support, or participate in Scrum-driven projects; this includes:
- Project leaders
- Development managers
- Team members
- Product managers