Certified Scrum Product Owner
Product Owner Training in Berlin
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.
This 2-day course highlights how strong Product Ownership is key to a successful agile transformation. Not only will the course enable you to understand the product owner role in depth, it will also enable you to learn the practices necessary to succeed as a product owner.
In this course we will explain how particular agile or Scrum roles typically manifest themselves in enterprise environments. The course is an interactive workshop filled with lots of exercises whose goal is to demonstrate the difference between traditional and agile approaches to product management and software development. We will also discuss real-world organizational changes such as managing large or multiple teams, release planning and tracking progress through the right metrics.
Most importantly we will answer your specific questions regarding your individual situation and organization.
What You Can Expect to Learn
- Product Owner (PO) duties and responsibilities
- The PO's interaction with other Scrum roles and stakeholders (such as customers, users, sales, marketing and management)
- Understand how product planning, product discovery and product definition work in Scrum including taking advantage of early customer feedback and emergent requirements
- Establishing and maintaining a product backlog
- Release Planning
- Writing user stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Estimation of business value
- How to effectively collaborate with the ScrumMaster and team in sprint meetings
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date)
- How to manage your product portfolio
- How to successfully scale the role of the PO
28-29 Jan 2013
The course focuses on Scrum from a Product Owner's perspective and is ideal for those who are responsible for the functional definition and delivery of software products or services.
Also individuals of all management levels, such as CEO's, CIOs, product managers, analysts, customer representatives and account managers will benefit from the course. They will learn how the project will be managed and why the attributes concerning product definition and prioritization are important.
Participants should have some understanding of basic agile/Scrum principles, practices and terminology.