Certified ScrumMaster Workshop - Simulation Based Workshop + Extras
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Welcome to a hands-on approach to understanding how to apply Scrum in your enterprise!
Whether you've been working in an Agile environment or new to Scrum, this course will help you understand how to introduce Scrum to your team or elevate your company to higher agility!
Peter Saddington's IEEE paper on Scaling Product Ownership at the Department of Defense and the United States Air Force:
The Basics - Agile Manifesto, What is Scrum, and the Scrum Checklist (You will want to review these before class):
- Download Agile Manifesto Fact Sheet
- Download What is Scrum Review
- Download a Scrum Checklist Guide by Crisp
Agile at Your Company - Agile Team Traits, Scaling Agile, Scaling Product Ownership, Testing in Agile, User Story Splitting Cheat Sheet, Agile Financials (EVM), Agile Financial Models:
Agile and Scrum Tools:
- Download a PDF version of an Agile and Scrum tools list
- You can also go to AgileScout's Agile Tool's List
What Our Attendees Say:
"I enjoyed this class immensely - it gives practical ways to apply a method to the ways we've been working around overly rigid processes for years. Senior leaders need this class to spread it to our organization!" - Stephanie
"Peter has great depth of knowledge and great interactive exercises." - Denise
"I LOVE the way you incorporate a personal approach to software development. I think that your exercises are really great and helpful for understanding and fostering questions. You're an awesome instructor! I really like your style of teaching. It is very insightful!" - Laura
"I believe Scrum has the potential to GREATLY improve the productivity in my office." - Jack
"Peter is a very positive and exciting to be in the presence of." - Dominic
"I am pumped about having a way to organize with a team and express concepts to each other and build teams based on cultural fit!" - Mario
"I thoroughly enjoyed your enthusiasm about the subject matter and honestly feel you did a great job and were able to answer all questions… not side stepping them as some instructors do." - Todd
Early Registration is Open
Ensure your spot early and receive a discount!
4-5 Feb 2013
MicroTek Atlanta- Northpark Building 400
Discounted seats available. Contact Peter Saddington for more information.
Peter Saddington is an Organizational Consultant and Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) who has been in software development for 15+ years. He has 3 Masters degrees (Counseling, Education, Theology) and is publishing his second book in late 2012 (Wiley) on Agile and Human Performance. He is the co-founder of a research and analytics company, Action & Influence (www.myai.org), which measures human dynamics within the enterprise cultures.
-2 Full Days
-From 9:00AM to 5:00PM daily for the two days of the course
-Lunch will be provided
-Material Handouts will be provided
1. Definition of Scrum: Basic Scrum background and framework, principles and values which ensure the correct understanding of Scrum.
2. Scrum theory: the three legs of Scrum theory (transparency, inspection and adaptation) are explained. Resultant and fundamental values are examined in details: responsibility, self-organization and self-management, sense of urgency, commitment, technical excellence, rhythm, discipline, respect and courage.
3. Scrum framework: The meetings, artifacts and roles that make up the Scrum process.
4. Scrum practices: Estimation, planning, user stories, planning poker, prioritization techniques and other practices which are commonly used in Scrum.
5. Agile Leadership: What is it and why is it important for a ScrumMaster? Common models of Leadership.
6. Coaching and facilitation: Coaching definition, coaching scenarios, and facilitation techniques used by ScrumMasters.
7. Team Dynamics and Management's Role for Teams: The role of culture in teams and how to lead teams to high-performance.
8. Other topics as requested by the attendees.
Engineers and architects
Executives who want agility at scale