All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
This Course employs practical exercises, real world case study examples and discussions to provide everything that you need to know to deliver a successful Scrum Project.
Participants who complete the course successfully will be designated Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), and this is the first step to becoming a Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP). This Certification includes a two-year membership of the Scrum Alliance.
About your Trainer:
Peter Measey has excellent experience working in many diverse environments within both the Public and Private Sectors as a project and programme manager, consultant, facilitator, trainer and coach.
He has specialised in the Agile space since 1996 and has managed the implementation of some of the largest Agile transformations in the Public and Private sector both in the UK and internationally, including business (non IT) Agile implementations. He is a Certified ScrumMaster, Certified DSDM Atern Trainer, Certified Agile Project Management Trainer, APLN Certified Agile Practitioner, RUP/AUP, Agile Coach, Programme/Project Manager, Prince2 Practitioner, with complementary skills in PMBok, and CMMi.
Some comments from attendees about Peter's CSM / CSPO training:
- "Lots of food for thought; lively, energetic and wholly relevant."
- "Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Peter is clearly a master of his subject, plenty of real-world examples and advice."
- "Excellent course and very enjoyable. Many thanks."
- "Thank you Pete, really enjoyed the two days, feel you encouraged great interaction."
- "Enthusiasm of the trainer made it!"
- "Very much enjoyed the pragmatic approach and real world application throughout the course."
- "Well run course, the practicals were very helpful."
- "Enjoyed the course and will be recommending it to my colleagues."
- "Very fun and interactive course, Pete was excellent."
- "Very enjoyable course. Pete’s wealth of knowledge enabled him to answer all my questions."
- "Pete was very considerate and took time to do individual learning with me at breaks, was most awesome of him – thanks Pete."
- "Nicely done and expertly hosted."
- "Really great course, would definitely choose RADTAC for future courses."
- "Really appreciated how the course was tailored to our needs."
- "Excellent real world practical context given, very useful."
- "I thought Pete was an excellent trainer who was able to draw on real experience (refreshing). He explained theory and method very clearly. I would definitely recommend to other colleagues in my organisation."
- "Excellent trainer with superb understanding of Scrum and obvious experience. Very articulate and inspected and adapted to suit our needs." I like the fact that the trainer was able to adapt the course to our needs and allow us to use real examples."
22-23 Sep 2012
London, United Kingdom
St Martins House
£950 + VAT
RADTAC - Booking Terms & Conditions and Cancellation Policy (2012)
RADTAC reserves the right to cancel or arrange an alternative date for a course. In such circumstances RADTAC will endeavour to provide notice of cancellation or change to the Client. In the event of cancellation the Client will be entitled to a full refund of the course fee but RADTAC shall not be liable for any other loss or expense arising.
The Client may cancel the course booking by notifying RADTAC in writing. The delegate shall also be deemed to have cancelled the course booking if he/she does not attend the event. The delegate will NOT receive any refund of the course fee if notice of cancellation is received less than 10 working days prior to the start of the course. If a cancellation is received 10 or more days prior to the start of the course, the delegate will be entitled to a refund of 50% of the course fee.
The Certified ScrumMaster course is a two-day interactive session designed to effectively teach Scrum principles and practices. You can expect the following topics to be covered during the course:
- Agile Principles and the Agile Manifesto
- The Case for Scrum
- The Scrum Process
- Mastering Scrum Roles
- Product Owner
- Mastering Scrum Ceremonies
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Review
- Daily Scrum Meetings
- Mastering Scrum Artefacts
- Product Backlog
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Chart
- Advanced Scrum
- Scaling Scrum
- Scrum and Distributed Development
- Agile Development and Testing practices within Scrum
- Transitioning to Scrum - Transition strategies and organisational/people issues
This course is useful for anyone who wants to be successful using Scrum. It's not just for ScrumMasters – but will benefit anyone who is involved in a Scrum Project and in any of the Scrum roles. It's strongly recommended for Product Owners, Product Managers, Project Managers, Functional / Departmental Managers, Development Team Members (including Architects, Designers, Coders, Testers, and others), and Executives involved in transitioning to Scrum within their own organisation.